Here's the expanded idea, it has technical concepts in case any builder wants to help out.
1. New stats for both casters and melee.
-Melee get a high DR item on the bodypart we'll see fit, atm: ARMS. The stats on the BBV will change according to the PKills you have (this will be a separate kills scoring system, remoted on playes as flags, nothing to do with the code PKills)
-Melee item evolves on these conditions: 10-30-50-100 kills = 3-5-7-10 Damroll/Hitroll/other stats, suggestions appreciated, just
It should have a high base DR Id say around 6. But I think the reward for leveling if thats what you wanna call it should be just a damage bonus. With small dr increases here and there.
4. a script will check every 15s if you're wearing the BBV, and send you a warning, if by the 3rd warning you're still not wearing it, it will PUFF and another PK can pick it up from the Champions Altar
I misread this at first, Once again forcing the player to have to wear the BBV is absurd. What if a player wants to wear RP gear cause they are rping? So they have to give up their bbv because they want to Rp? Just an example. Bad idea.
5. From the Champions Altar you can challenge the current BBV Champion, whatever he's doing he'll get a notification and in 1m both parties will be TPed to the BBV Arena.
- If the champion loses the fight in this area, the BBV will auto-load in the winner inventory
- If the champion wins will be rewarded with 3 kills
- You can't challenge again the current Champion until someone else challenges him
- We thought not to add any protection about this, whoever has the BBV must live with the hassle of being challenged 2, 5 or even 10 times a day for the right of keeping it. Again the stats are impressive, you want it, fight for it.
Im not sure what I think of how often. Alot of times a day would just make it an annoyance and hinder your enjoyment and progress in the game doing quest and exploring if you are getting challenged every minute. Maybe a day inbetween. It would still promote a healthy ammount of challenges and also allows the holder to still enjoy the game.
6. Every time you logout or idle out, the BBV will puff, when you come back you can go get it from the Champion Altar, it will remember that you're the current owner BUT if you don't go pick it for more than 48hours, 2 days, the magic will dissipate and forget who owns it. Any PK at that point can get it and become the new BBV bearer.
I disagree with this. This just makes inactive PKERS care less about it, If they will lose it in 2 days when they log in once a week they might bother at first but in the long run they will lose interest. This mud has a very small ammount of daily active players. To build this system around just a handful of active pkers is a bad idea. You need to include everyone, and understand not everyone has time to get on everyday. Giving someone who doesn't play everyday more of a chance to enjoy the item will promote this system.
I also see no reason for it to poof when you logout and have to reobtain the item. What purpose does this serve? Just an annoyance.
On another note, this should be coded not scripted.
also you should give the BBV holder more than a minute to respond. Having to log out just to use the restroom or get a drink is absurd. Also this gives the BBV holder no time to prepare while the challenger has made sure he has prepared before even challenging him. Can make the fight hugely unfair.