Btw- You can beat world of recall, you just need to be a better PKer and re-initiate combat. Cant cast it while in combat!
That's a ridiculous statement. I can flee while snared and without trap aware almost every time. You won't see which direction I go in. Recall is a two-letter alias. There is no way you can follow me and attack before I cast it if that's what I want to do.
I don't care about wimpy but I'd like to see ways of actually making it hard for people to escape.
Jaros> So you're saying, without trap aware you can STILL flee? Sounds like a a bug problem to me. Furthermore, if you play on real PK muds, you would know how to follow rather quickly. I'm a bit concerned why such a big was not reported (hand in the cookie jar huh?) Anytime I find a bug, it is reported, AND noted. I don't play around (oxymoron, I know haha) and neither should you (well you should play, just not with bugs. System can't improve without OUR help)
Now, Bane asked how it could be abuseable to !recall once you've been in a PK battle and flee out. Guess he forgot about ranged combat. That would initiate the stupid !recall anytime.
As for it being a clan deed idea...... Neato idea, but there problem is is the fact that deeds can change hands roughly 80 times within 10 minutes.
Now I wouldn't mind "invoking the Gods", or "Calling the Army" kinda deal at all to !recall specific owned zones, but it should come with a heavy price. Time to start rolling out those clan tokens. What? No tokens? Suddenly we see people questing again. Just saying, let's get the 4D economy rolling for once.
I want people to understand that I speak with veteran PVP mud experience here. The issue is not with fighting, and recalling. It is as much a part of strategy as anything else, but I want to point some things out to you.
1) Healing potions got nerfed hardcore to put emphasis on priests. Nobody groups. And most CERTAINLY nobody really PKs much. And who the hell plays a priest anymore? You need to bring heals back to their old ways.
2) Healing WANDS got nerfed hardcore. See above. The same applies.
3) The PK system is hugely out of balance. You are dealing Player to MOB damage. Not Player to Player. PVP dmg on real PVP muds is scaled differently. It is a totally different system. We are NOT a PVP centered MUD. That is why we have the problems that we have.
4) To bring in deeds for PK (which was the original intent by Sonya as this was her brain child), deed gathering requires an "ownership lag". Each clan should own the deed for a minimum of 24-48 hours. Furthermore, the proposed "area bonus system" of which I am not against mind you, can and must ONLY be available to PVP. This means the following:
a) System of be enacted by PVP player ONLY
b) PVP Player must be a CL or CCL of said clan.
2b) Or, Any PVP clannie can enact system, but it only effects his/her status vs. other PVPer
c) System must cost at least a silver. You are being given a GREAT advantage that outright imbalances the system entirely.
5) We need a complete skill/spell overhaul. Balancing needs to happen, and real player strategy needs to occur for once in my long run here. Just sayin'
6) Calling in the Gods thingy, or whatever must have a reasonable time limit. Expensive, but short. There is a price for everything, and if YOU want that advantage over people you better be willing to cough it up.
7) Fix vampy already. This is stupid that it doesn't work anymore and hasn't for a very long time. Really. It needs to get fixed, and put back into full working order. There is no excuse for this.