4D's Travel Agency still has lots of things to offer next to the already mentioned features. Sometimes even things you won't find in a commercial thout spaceships, shuttles and spacebikes?
- Mounts are very useful during long travels since you'll lose less movepoints yourself. They can also carry things for you. They can be bought at several Livery Stables around the Realms.
- Stagecoaches, carriages, trains and certain ships usually take you from one fixed point to another. Usually there's a fee to be paid but some of the transports are free to use.
- Of course to travel over rivers, seas you can just carry a boat with you to travel over the water.
- Some of the Spaceshuttles are steered by a pilot but you can also learn to fly a spaceship on your own. The shuttles are even voice-activated so you wouldn't get lost in the big open space out there. There is plenty of information on how to fly the shuttles in the Briefing Room, east of the Future Space Port.
- Then our latest addition are the Spacebikes and its fuel. They allow you to travel through space and they are less complicated to steer as the spaceships. The only things you have to be careful of is, that you are wearing a spacesuit and that you brought along some fuel so you don't end up stranded in the open space somewhere.
- Vehicles in 4D are generally pretty advanced. There are wagons and cars that you can drive, ships that you can sail and spaceships that you can fly. The normal command is 'drive (direction)' or 'sail/fly (direction)'. But if you sit down first, you can just type the direction - n, e or whatever. Of course you have to stand again before you leave the vehicle. Back to top
Flying, Diving and Traveling through Space
Some areas in our Realms can only be reached by flying. Therefor we have certain types of equipment like wings that allow you to reach those areas.
Some zones can also be reached underwater, so 4d provides different types of equipment that will allow you to breath underwater like aqualungs.
And for those that want to take a risk and go for a walk in space (better yet, use the spacebikes) the spacesuits that can be bought near the Future Space Port will prevent you from suffocating in open space. Back to top
Death and Recovery
Fighting enemies can be dangerous so at a certain point, your character will die and your naked 'soul' will end up in the Healing Temple Of The Gods, while your corpse with all the equipment will be in the room where you've died. To leave the Healing Temple just enter the rift and you'll end up in Recall. But don't dispair, there are three ways to get every item on your corpse back.
First, and the less expensive one, is to go back to your corpse. When you are in the zone where you have died the command corpse track will guide you to your corpse and once you are in the same room as your corpse type meld corpse.
The second one, is also free but will take time: you can wait for automeld. All your belongings will end up in your inventory after some time. To see how long the automeld will take, just use the command corpse.
The third one, recover, is more expensive since you have to pay coins for your belongings (depending on your level and amount of remorts) but the benefit here is that you don't have to wait and that you can avoid aggro beings that might be near your corpse. Just go one east, down from Recall and type in Recover.
With each option, all your equipment will be in your inventory, so you just have to re-equip and you'll be ready to face other adventures. Back to top
PK or Player Killing
For those that prefer to kill something else than the NPC's there is the option to signup for Player Killing. It means that wherever you are (with the exception from Recall) in the Realms you can try to kill any other PK'er. You can see who is a PK on the who-list. They have the letters PK in front of their name. You can keep track of your losses or wins in the score window. Of course there are certain risks involved as every PK has the chance to loot your body, so don't say we didn't warn you. Back to top
Personal Houses, Mounts, Servants, Vehicles
4D offers the possibility to build your own house (to have your own little home in the mud) with a crashproof room. Having a crashproof room means you can store your belongings there without the worry of them getting lost when the mud crashes or reboots.
We offer different kind of houses, with a lot of things to add. Only one room in each house will be crash proof, and only the owner and the Guests assigned by the owner can access that room.
The Houses come in 4 different Types:
Type 1. The humble 2-room cottage, which is all you really need.
Type 2. The standard 3-room House, with an extra room for pets or servants.
Type 3. The 4-room Mansion with a stable, where you can store your personal
Type 4. The 5-room Deluxe type, with a garage or harbour for your personal
*)To use a harbour the house must of course be situated by the sea and to use a vehicle it must be situated at a road. To use a spaceship it naturally needs access to open space.
Additional rooms can be bought to all four types for the price of 1 silver per room, but this doesn't affect the Type of the House.
To get a personal house, write up all the descriptions of everything you want and submit it to the right imm.
Also keep in mind that with every piece of furniture, chest, key you want you have to pay tokens for every single object you add.
You can also pay to increase the storage capacity of a house.
Personal Mounts require a Type 3 Mansion with stable, as for the Servants and Pets you will need a Type 2 Standard House.
More information about this all can be found in the rooms south from Recall. And as you can see personal houses can only be bought by the ingame tokens. Back to top
Personal Equipment and Clothes
You can have already existing equipment that already belongs to you, personalized. The benefit with personalized equipment is that they can get restored when you lose at the right price of course.
The stats of the item will remain the same. And for the additional cost of a silver token you can even add a script to it.
For those that like RP or just prefer to walk around in their own set of clothes, you can order them at the cost of 1 million coins a piece. The only thing you need to do is provide the imms with a description and pay them ofcourse. These clothes however have no stats at all, so remember to change before you go hunting in the big world out there.
More information about all this and the restrictions on Personalized Equipment can be found south, south, west from Recall. Back to top