: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/game/_site/includes/common.inc(1645) : eval()'d code on line 156.
As a Seeker you will have a flaming red feather in your inventory. If you have this feather, you can toggle on the hintchannel. On that channel you'll get to see a hint on how things work in 4D every 3 minutes.
Some people think this is a bit spammy, and prefer to toggle it off. For those, there's a list below of all those hints mentioned:
* You can always toggle the Hint Channel off by typing nohint.
* If you log out, you need to turn the Hint Channel on again.
* If you find the gossip channel too spammy, toggle it off by typing nogoss.
* If you lose your feather, go 2 south of Recall and say I am new here.
* Recall Point is the center of 4 Dimensions.
* New players can get to Recall Point at any time by just typing Recall.
* The ability to use the Recall command lasts until level 40.
* You can quit in any room, and your equipment will autosave. Just type quit.
* If you want to visit the Seekers' Guildhall, just type hold feather.
* Elementary Square with Gordy the Greeter is the center of the Newbie Area.
* To get to Elementary Square from Recall, go north twice and say please at the gate.
* New players don't really die in combat until level 10.
* Later, when you die, you need to go back to where you died to get your corpse.
* Type meld to reunite with your corpse in the room where you died.
* You can also use the Crypt, 1 east, 1 d from Recall, to recover your corpse at a cost. (also a bank)
* You'll eventually automeld with your corpse but it might take some time.
* Type toggle to see all the options that you can toggle on and off.
* Type nobat to reduce the battlespam when fighting.
* On our website are several Maps of the Realms. Or you can visit this link.
* To learn more about the features in 4D, visit our Travel Agency south of Recall!
* Maproom 3 s of Recall, has descriptions of all zones and directions how to get there.
* You can also visit the Helpers' Library 1 down from the Travel Agency.
* Have a look in the Donation Pit 1 d from recall, if someone donated something useful.
* Don't carry too much weight, it will slow you down in combat.
* Carrying too many items might stop you from getting things you really want.
* You will need to hold a light once you venture out of the Newbie area.
* There is a ball of Light in the Donation Pit, 1d from Recall, but it disappears on logout.
* At the west end of Venture Way is a list of easy zones and a shortcut to 5 of them.
* Look < name > shows the equipment of a player. Exa < name > shows the description.
* Exa shows both the description and what is inside the container.
* Looking at every noun in a room description can give you hints how to solve a Quest.
* Listening and smelling sometimes give hints. You can also smell, taste and feel objects.
* Spellcasting classes use orbs or staffs instead of traditional weapons.
* Recite identification scrolls on all items you find to see their stats.
* Identify a melee weapon to tell whether it is a long or short.
* Short weapons are used best by rogue classes, long weapons by fighter classes.
* Spellcasting classes use orbs or staffs instead of traditional weapons.
* You can manifest weapons into an orb, which are used for spell-casting classes.
* There is a Healer west of recall for some basic protection and healing spells.
* Your clan hall has a Healer, a Trainer and some useful shops for food, drink and containers.
* If you're in need of assistance type newbie followed by your question.
* Don't share Quest information... that is considered cheating.
* You may only have one char logged on at the same time.
* Remorting becomes possible when you start scoring negative after level 50.
* You can either remort to a new Class or to a higher tier in the Class you've already got.
* Type score to show you basic stats about yourself.
* Type gold to see your financial state (coins and tokens).
* Type worth to see some important information about yourself.
* You can deposit and withdraw your gold in the room 1e, 1d from Recall, or in any bank.
* If you have a Bankbook you can deposit and withdraw your gold anywhere.
* Start battles with backstab if you have the skill. (cost: 20 MovePoints)
* Sleeping mobs can be backstabbed 100% of the time.
* Type corpse to see if there are any player corpses around.
* Type corpse track to find out the location of your own corpse.
* Player corpses cannot be looted or sacrificed under normal conditions.
* You cannot go beyond 'Learned' in a skill if you're only Tier 1.
* You can improve a skill by using it once it is practiced as far as possible.
* Try to learn the relevant precursor skills first. (Examples: melee or firearm).
* Use balanced weapons to increase speed, attack and defence.
* The Helpers' Library is 1 down from the Travel Agency.
* There's a second Donation Pit in Mudschool, 2 north from Lionel.
* To recover your corpse you need to have enough money in the bank.
* Make a habit of depositing your money, so you don't lose it! There's a bank 1e, 1d from Recall.
* Don't carry valuable tokens around, they can be lost or stolen.
* Tokens, bills, 4d credits and cauri shells are put in the Token Machine n w w from Recall.
* To see how much damage you'll probably do and take in a fight, use the command consider mob-name.
* When you're mounted you'll use up less movepoints than when you're walking around.
* Players with the race Centaur can be mounted - but only if they consent to it.
* After you've reached level 50 and remorted, you won't be able to use the Seeker's feather anymore.
* Try to find a Clan to join after you remort, info about the Clans is in the Clan Office south of Recall.
* After each remort your hp will go down again, but you'll keep your mana- and movepoints.
* Items you don't need can be junked or sacrificed, this will also keep the Realms clean.
* You'll regenerate faster when you're sitting or sleeping and when you're not hungry or thirsty.
* Skills and spells have to be trained at a Guildmaster.
* There's a Guildmaster in the Seekers' HQ; another n, e from Recall. Lionel in Mudschool is also one.
* To get rid of hunger and thirst drink from the free milkfountain east of Recall.
* There is lots of free food and drinks in the realms, and you can also buy both from shops.
* To see what an item does before you buy them in a shop, type id followed by the number of the object.
* Type list in a shop to see all the things that are for sale and their prices.
* To see what an item does or is, you can use scrolls of knowledge or scrolls of identify.
* If you see a 'Someone' talking to you it means that person is invisible to you, possibly an immortal.
* You can only respond to an invisible player with the command reply < message >.
* Reply < message > sends the message to the last person that sent you a tell, so use it with caution.
* To see invisible persons or objects you can quaff detect invis potions from the Magic Shop in Olde York or other shops.
* Grouping with other players is often useful in battle. Type help group to see how it works.
* Looking at an object sometimes gives info about what to do with it, identifying it gives more accurate info.
* Looking at an object can sometimes give Quest hints.
* To see the health of person you can type diagnose person.
* The command affect will show you what spells/skills you're affected by.
* To regenerate your healthpoints, visit a healer and type heal to get a list. Then follow the instructions.
* Type heal < kind of cure > at a healer to use it (be sure to look at the price first).
* There is a healer west of recall, one in your Guildhall, and several others around the Realms.
* To regenerate your healthpoints in battle, use cure or heal potions.
* You can buy cure potions in your Guildhall or 2s of Recall, but you can find better ones on your travels.
* You can improve most skills by using them, once they are practiced.
* Find out what addaffects an innate spell an object has by using an identify scroll.
* Different addaffects are best for different Classes. Str and con are good for all Classes.
* Fighting classes will like hitroll and damroll affects on their gear.
* Rogue classes will like speed and dex affects on their gear.
* Spellcasting classes will like int, wis and cha affects on their gear. Back to top