General Category > Roleplay

Monthly RP Story/Session Contest

(1/3) > >>

Bane:
All stories/Sessions turned into me I will be posting on here! If you didn't turn in a title along with it, I will try my best at giving it a title, if you are unhappy with the title, Let me know I can always change it! So lets get to the fun part and get to reading the stories below!

I know at least one person wanting to make a continuation to their story in the future. They can either request for it to be moved to its own thread, Or I will just edit their first story to include a link to their next story.

JULY 6TH CONTESTANTS STORIES BELOW[/color][/b]

Bane:
TOP OF THE FOOD CHAINWritten By Zuul
Episode 1

Zuul had just finished his undergraduate studies at the Galacticia -
that's how institutions of higher learning are called in Mars, as they
provide knowledge centered on this Galaxy, not the whole Universe, as
a University would imply. It was time for him to perform civil service
for the planet. His mission was simple: travel to Earth and take some
notes on the current inhabitants, specifically life that stands at the
"top of the food chain", an expression his professors taught him is used
to describe inter-species relations in that planet.

When his spaceship was approaching the planet, something strange
happened. All the blackness of space became white for a moment, then
black again, then blue. He had hit what he much later learned that
Earthlings call a "Time Warp", and somehow ended up somewhere,
sometime, in the middle of the some sea... Fortunately the ship contained
inflatable rafts for the eventuality of ending up in liquid rather than
solid portions of a planet. Thus, he boarded one, checked that the
coordinates still indicated the third planet of the Solar System, and
proceeded to look for signs of life.

Fish, water,... dolphins, more water,... seagulls,... land ho! Zuul
accosted, took some notes about coordinates, temperature, pressure and
proceeded inland... but not for long, as this was in fact just a tiny
island, inhabited only by apparently minor life forms, which he observed
from a distance. He used some of this ESP abilities from a distance but
found that none of them posed significant resistance, and thus decided
to go back to the boat - anything that can be confused using effortless
mental powers at a distance is definitely not at the "top of the food
chain" indeed.

Water, fish,... more water,... and behold! a magnificent speciment of
local life surges from the depths and proceeds to attack! After a moment
to get his bearings, Zuul tries different mental powers on the creature,
which resists and persists! Concentrating his mental powers on the
surrounding waters, he then manages to give shape to a large Elemental.
The creature from the depths is distracted by this apparition long
enough for the Martian to make his escape, not before gathering some
basic data in a rush.

Report from 1st visit (excerpt):
 top of the food chain: large swimming animals, capable of stealthy
 behavior underwater; two eyes, large mouth, powerful tail, capacity to
 eject water from the backside

It's safe to say that his peers, who had some knowledge of the planet
already, were not too happy with his "discoveries" once he managed to
make it back to Mars, and thus he was assigned for further education,
prior to being sent to Earth again, now with the specific task of
studying the behavior of... "humans"

Bane:
Please do continue on with the episodes!, I'm quite intrigued to see the story play out, Did you get the idea from the little small role play we did the other night, or did you already have this idea before that? And we all already know that this big bad Spacewolf is the top of the food chain! :)

I liked the formatting of the story. It fit the theme very well I think, reminded me of a type of futuristic documentary you might see from a martian. Your story was simple and sweet but yet it left me wanting to see more. So job well done!

Bane:
Creatures In The NightWritten By Rynock
Our story begins in the land of Mirkheim, in a time when death and destruction is prevalent and the land was in chaos. It was night, the dwarf follows the path to the gate, There were decapitated heads on the pikes along the city gates with a torch in between each one, the dwarf was not scared, his life was strife with violence as a youth in the caverns of the dwarven mountain decapitation was common place. He was a mercenary looking for work, word was there was a vampire problem in mirkheim, as he approaches the gates a guard yells for other guards and they frantically prepare to fight him off, a single dwarf?

The captain of the guard shout's "Who goes there? What is your name?". The Dwarf responded from the bottom of the gates, "I am Rynock, the dwarven mercenary, I am looking for work." The guards whisper amongst themselves for a couple of minutes, they than toss down a flask and say "Drink that." Being a dwarf, and a mercenary, the thought of drinking something he hasn't prepared himself is making him wary. Luckily because of his dwarven fortitude most poisons are ineffective, so he took the flask and downed a swig, the fluid had the metallic taste of silver with hints of garlic. This is not poison, the dwarf thought to himself, this is actually pretty good! The dwarf proceeds to down the rest of the flask, "That was good! Reminded me of the old silver tea my grandmother used to make for me." shouted the dwarf, The guards were taken aback, "They said you may enter, but you must refill the flask at the holy water in front of the church."

The gates creak open, just high enough for the dwarf to enter, the people all seem skittish to have a new face around. The streets were empty, not a soul in sight, he came around a corner and spotter the church, there were some people standing there and a kid crying at the steps. As the dwarf walks to the church, the people become silent but the kid is still sobbing on the steps, refilling the flask the dwarf puts the stopper on, he ask's the boy "What is wrong?", the kid spoke through sobs "My sister--" "was taken--" "--by someone". Being a mercenary the dwarf prefers money for jobs, but he also likes to help those in need, so he told the boy "I will find her, who took her and where?" The boy, brightened up and pointed towards the forest outside the gates. "There are creatures out there that only come in the night, they took my sister and I fear she may be dead." The dwarf looked at the forest and said "If she's alive, I will bring her back to you." The kid started crying again, this time with joy, "Thank you mister!"  The people started whispering frantically as the dwarf returned to the gate to give the flask to the guards.

The next day the dwarf prepared to go into battle strapping a shield on his back, a dagger to his belt, a short sword in his scabbard, some silver climbing spikes in his boots, his gear was all ready, as sunlight was breaking he set out into the forest to find the missing girl. The path's were silent, not even the sounds of birds or wildlife. The dwarf know's something is wrong, the forest should be teeming with wildlife. As he walks deeper into the forest he notice's the tree's and shrubs are dying off and the air was getting stale. He comes to a clearing, where a mansion gate and wall extended pretty high with iron spikes on top. The gate was slightly ajar, as the dwarf approaches he hear's a rustle in the dead brushes to the right of him, he pulls his short sword and dagger out, and mutters a few incantations to increase his strength. He grips his weapon, and prepares to fight, the rustling was getting closer, out of the bushes comes a giant boar and it was coming straight at him. He quickly side steps and hamstrings the boar with his dagger, and as it tumble's he takes his sword and decapitates it with a single fluid blow. The boar falls to the ground in two pieces, the dwarf cleans his weapons and moves on into the gates.

As he approaches the mansion he hears a singing, and the faint crying of a girl in the garden to the left of the mansion, after he follows the path in front of the mansion the dwarf silently sneaks over a brick wall and enters into the garden. The garden was well maintained and beautiful in comparison to the surrounding forests and even the mansion. The smell of roses and tulips and apple blossoms fill the air, the trees and bushes make this place perpetually dark. Sneaking behind a bush the dwarf spots a woman dressed in a black dress with pale white skin and bright blonde hair and a small pale looking girl on the ground, hair being caressed by the lady as she sings.

The dwarf decides this is the girl he was looking for and confronts the woman, "Hey, give me back that girl. She is not yours! Her brother needs her and you took her away." The lady stops singing, looks up slowly and smiles. She speaks with a voice that had a vibrating warmth yet chill underneath, "She is not yours either, who are you?"

She tilts her head, and before the dwarf knows it she was right next to him. He has never seen speed like this, he goes to stab her with his dagger, she slaps it out of his hand. She tosses him into the wall and the shield on his back shattered into pieces, he regains his composure. He waves his short sword prepared to fight again, and she was right next to him again, she pulled his head back and bit him in the throat, his blood was gushing into her mouth, he lifted his leg and kneed her and simultaneously pulled his climbing spike out of his boot and stabbed her in the side of the head, the bone in her skull cracked as the spike went deep into her brain. The silver seemed to have an adverse reaction to the body of the woman, she started to burn and turn into ashe. The girl on the ground was weeping and the dwarf bandaged himself with some rags from his clothing and some mud. He asks the child "Are you ok? Do you have a little brother?" She stop crying and looks up, and say's "Yes, the lady said she was going to eat me. I'm so glad you came." she notices the bite on his neck, "Oh no! did she bite you?" the dwarf say's "Yes she did. Got me good it seems." the girl says "Thanks for saving me, I will be on my way home."  The dwarf starts to lose conciousness, the girl was already gone, was he a goner?

He woke up to feeling like his hand was on fire and the opened his eyes and saw his hand in the sun, it was burning quickly, he pulls it in and say's in his mind. "I'm a vampire..."

Bane:
I like the way you included details on the scenery of what was around you during the story, it allowed me to visual the area of the story. It gave me a good visual of Mirkheim, and the story itself fits perfectly into 4dimenions. It could even be a quest!

I always thought though you Vampires where a new breed in 4d though that could walk in the sunlight!

Perhaps one day we can have clan buffs, Vamps get a bonus at night!  Good job!

I look forwarded to more adventures of the Dwarven Vampire.. A short hariy little thing thats fast and drinks blood.. Thats quite a sight. Spec if it can drink blood like they can drink their alcohol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version