Author Topic: RP Groups and Family Based Rp Group  (Read 19057 times)

Offline erwin

• View Profile
Re: RP Groups and Family Based Rp Group
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 01:26:10 am »
Why not just give players the RPL flag when global RP events start?

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 03:14:22 am »
I think that perhaps to promote roleplaying, we should let those with the RP flag set their own walkin/walkout.

In what way does walk-in walk-out messages promote Roleplay?
It's just something that people want for the status of it, just like the collecting of flags.

People who really like to roleplay do it without any rewards or flags. The more I am thinking about it, the more I come to believe is that all those rewards we put up to promote RP are rather detrimental to it, because they give the wrong incentives.

In the end it's all up to the individual players. Some like to RP, others don't. Some are good at it, others aren't. If we try to force or coerce people to roleplay, who neither really want to do it or are any good at it, we'll just end up with very bad RP. It's better to just leave those that have no interest for RP alone, because the flags and rewards will not make them any better roleplayers.

The reason why some aspects and RP commands are restricted to players we know have an interest for it is, that we know from experience that they could - and would - be abused. By restricting them, we at least make reasonably sure that only people who are mature enough to handle the ability get it.

Look at the stupid things some people write in their titles. Do we really want to see equally stupid things in walk-in/out messages and pretitles?

Roleplay could be improved by quite simple things, like people using their titles in a sensible IC way, (for example Family names, instead of the latest thing you just read on the internet). It could also be improved by people just reading the two excellent articles we provide on our website under the link Roleplay in 4D. http://4dimensions.org/node/RPArticles

Roleplay is not really that hard in 4D. You don't need to pose as a Superhero, Demi-God, King or Queen - in fact that is mostly a ground for really bad RP. All you need to do is to act like the character you are; a Timetraveller and adventurer, out to explore the worlds of different Time periods.
Roleplay is also mostly a question of respecting others and not use forceplay i.e. make emotes that force actions or feeling on your counterpart.
And speeking of forceplay, I actuelly thinkk it a bit odd that the two Clans who are supposed to be specifically for Roleplayers (Vampires and Saints), both have objects with forceplay messages. :P

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:41 pm »
Yay, my rant on gossip got through.  ;D I hereby support this statement.

And speeking of forceplay, I actuelly thinkk it a bit odd that the two Clans who are supposed to be specifically for Roleplayers (Vampires and Saints), both have objects with forceplay messages.

Hah, I loled.  :P

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 04:25:48 pm »
Okay... I know what one of the two items is...

Saints: Whip

Vampires: Unsure....

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 08:19:27 am »
Short response. Tired and unwell.

1. Drop some of the rp groups. IE "Galliano" - theres only one member? What of the Fearless group, also? Theres not even any "historical" members cause the group just started. As said above, takes 5 members to start a group.
2. RP groups DO mean roleplaying. I noticed Bitches were one of the groups brought up. And I for one know I'm called a bitch pretty much any time I'm logged on. I'm doing my job. Hesara has her awesome ways, and Kitolani RPs as well.
3. Family groups inside other groups = no thankyou, too much, too many groups, pick one. Seriously. Molly's right, there's no real need to have family rp groups. The only reason Orsini and such is around because that name -is- legendary as far as the game history goes.
4. Rayne was never in two groups. She left the Bitches RP group to join the Orsini group, and had "ever the BITCH" in her title.
5. Don't know what else was said. Can't be assed reading or replying.

Cut down on the groups, specially the newly created ones that only have like one member when being created.

People stop creating so many groups, at the very least, we don't have a big enough playerbase to fully support all these groups. We have enough problems trying to get people into clans.. *sigh*

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 08:21:24 am »
RE forceplay.. this is my own fault.. I put forward an idea a couple of months ago that will/would eliminate forceplay, and allow players to effectively choose what they do and don't find acceptable.

But it takes a lot of work and writing up and I haven't gotten round to it.

I'll start work on it next week once I'm back from my holiday, as my plane leaves in 24 hours from now.

Yes. Btw. I'm back. And outside of my work hours, I'll be active again, and trying to get things done..

Leonardo

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 11:11:29 am »
The Fearless got a good story background, full members, a helpfile and an almost finished unique zone. So if you stop whining about it, I'd be pleased.
What's wrong about not having historical members in a group, you can't have any historical member in a new group. The way you said it, looks like groups without historical members can't be created  :D

FULL FUCKING BRUTAL indeed.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 02:02:08 pm »
I believe Nat's comment about "historical" members was to point out that it the group doesn't have only 1 (or two people) left in it because that group's been around for a while and these are the only members left.  The truth is, the group was formed (given an rp group flag) before it had the 5 members it was supposed to have before it was actually given full rp group status.  I mean, now that you have the 5 members, story, and all that other rp group stuff you need to have, you should be applying for the rp group flag.. not the other way around, which from my understanding is how it happened.

Kvetch