Author Topic: Spells/Skills that need to be reworked  (Read 19379 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spells/Skills that need to be reworked
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 04:25:19 pm »
As a caster class, why not have x number of % you can have in spells and you pick and choose your own spells - provided you can find the trainer.  Then again, this would only work if there were more than like 10 spells that were even worthwhile.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 04:32:41 pm »
If this is done with casters it should really be done with melee classes as well I think or you'd have casters even more weakened than they already are. (Casters do fine at the low end ie. under 9 remorts KOTM will be dominated by casters, just watch, but near GM end players with high damroll deal way more than players with mac intell and charisma.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »
My ideal would be to have classless system, but i think that's been shot down, but this could be an alternative to it.  Give each person a percentage that they could have in skills and/or spells and let them choose their own.

Another thought I had on spells was choosing "schools" and "cross-schools" if you will (those of you that know D&D magic prolly know what I'm talking about).  Or in 4D, it would probably be elemental schools and cross-schools. 

What I'm talking about is choosing your "school" and by doing so, your cross-school is chosen for you.  Your "school" spells would be more powerful, but you wouldn't be able to learn anything in your cross-school spells.  Or if we're talking the elementals the example would be, if you chose fire, you'd be able to cast fireball at more damage and other fire spells would be more effective, but nothing at all in the ice elemental school.  Everything else would be normal. 

Kvetch

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:11 pm »
Wouldn't then that affect caster classes only, and not melee classes? Sounds great :) but what's to prevent me from learning the school of magic that has the best direct damage spell (with a high multiplier *even* when terrain conditions are unsuitable, methinks acid arrow, water), quaff the cross-school beneficial/buff spells / use cross-school debuff wands/scrolls then? Though yeah..make them unable to quaff these potions...or use the wands...

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 10:35:35 pm »
Meh, big changes arn't all that likely, I just think more organised elements and spells would be good and still simple.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 02:28:54 am »
Bump. :D

Mord, have you looked at the list of skills/spells I made on page 1 with comments?

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:21:26 am »
Viri, holy shout is good, it has a greater multiplier (1.40) than earthquake and works on flying / swimming mobs too :) It doesn't have the terrain bonus that earthquake has, but I think most people use earthquake at a standard 1.10 multiplier, anyway. Furthermore, holy shout has a chance of knocking mobs down, like bash.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:05:00 am by erwin »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 08:55:18 am »
Maybe life transfer / mana transfer can come with an option of how much to transfer?

Eg cast 'life transfer' erwin 500 , to transfer 500 hp.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:06 am »
yeah, would be nice.  Mana transfer can be a pain when you want to transfer a LOT of mana to someone.