Author Topic: spoilt brats!!!  (Read 6046 times)

Offline horus

• View Profile
spoilt brats!!!
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:04:54 am »
Yes, you are all spoilt brats!!! Spoilt I tell ya, because Molly has suggested something to protect your sorry asses from death traps. Hmmm, maybe she came up with this idea so she can stop listening to your whinings!!!

We will have a shop that will put a !DT flag on your item, costing TP or tokens, so that when you do hit a DT, those items will be saved!!! Weeeeeeeeeeee, you get to keep your item! Wow, talking about molly-coddling!!!!

Anyways, it is a once off flag, so that if you hit the DT, the flag disappears and you have to re-purchase the !DT flag again.

The other thing is, the costs of the first flag will be cheap, then it increases incrementally to a ludicrous level :) So, ah ha, you think you can get around this loop hole by buying one !DT flag, and then hiding that eq somewhere so that you can continually just pay a first flag payment??? Well, of course, we got that covered - if the eq ever leaves your hands, that !DT flag disappears!!!!

And if you find another way of getting around this, maybe we could just make it all astronomically crazy price for EACH item instead.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: spoilt brats!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 04:26:02 am »
This is molly-coddling Molly speaking:
Horus is much too modest when it comes to taking credit for ideas.

The original idea, which actually came from Mordecai, not me, was to turn the DT into some kind of shop, so that you'd be able to buy back your equipment AFTER you fell in.

This is apparently pretty hard to code, so Horus, being a lazy bugger, suggested that we let you buy an insurance BEFORE you fell in instead.

I am all for making things easy, so I told him to go ahead.

Only it seems I misunderstood him.
I thought that he meant the really easy way, i.e. that the ENTIRE equipment would be protected, while he apparently just meant that you'd be able to protect your most valued pieces, one by one.

However: we could do both.
So there would be two options in the Insurance shop.
1. A full DT protection - which obviously would be very expensive.
2. A single item DT protection, which in turn could be set up in 2 ways:
   A. Same price per item for all items
   B. A relatively low cost for the first item, which would then rise for each new item you protect.

In both cases the Insurance will have to be removed the day you actually fall into a DT.

The question now is:
Which of the options 2A and 2B do you prefer?
What price - in TP - would be reasonable for option A and B?

Input is welcome.
Horus will start coding this immediately, but the price can always be changed later.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:45:00 pm »
Hrm.. I thought we had some sort of DT insurance called perzing items - which could then be bought at.. what was it a silver? if they fell into a DT.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:02:06 pm »
We do.
Those won't be affected.
This is about the rest of the items.

Offline Estidn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:11:06 pm »
Well if its a silver to recover a perz. Then five gold for your entire set of equipment :-). Dt's are good for the mud. Help you remeber where you got the stuff. DOWN WITH THE !DT FLAG!