Building & Scripting > Scripting Board

Code related error perhaps?

(1/3) > >>

Fizban:
This is a script that worked on TBA but not on 6002 when Kvetch tries using it and not exactly sure why, was curious if anyone saw anything that stood out.

--- Code: ---Name: 'Troglodytes Smell!',  VNum: [57702], RNum: [ 3881]
Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles
Trigger Type: Entry , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None
Commands:
wait 1
set nroom %self.room%
%echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
if %nroom.north(vnum)% && %nroom.north(vnum)% != %sroom%
  %at% %nroom.north(vnum)% %echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
end
if %nroom.south(vnum)% && %nroom.south(vnum)% != %sroom%
  %at% %nroom.south(vnum)% %echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
end
if %nroom.west(vnum)% && %nroom.west(vnum)% != %sroom%
  %at% %nroom.west(vnum)% %echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
end
if %nroom.east(vnum)% && %nroom.east(vnum)% != %sroom%
  %at% %nroom.east(vnum)% %echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
end
if %nroom.up(vnum)% && %nroom.up(vnum)% != %sroom%
  %at% %nroom.up(vnum)% %echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
end
if %nroom.down(vnum)% && %nroom.down(vnum)% != %sroom%
  %at% %nroom.down(vnum)% %echo% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
end
if %sroom%
  %at% %sroom% %echo% The strong, oily musk wafts out of the room with the troglodyte.
end
set sroom %self.room.vnum%
global sroom

--- End code ---

Kvetch:
I see something.. You said Kvetch used it.  That's it.  No other reason.  Scripts just won't work right for her at times.  I swear Mord coded that in so I had to keep bugging for help - though why he'd do that when it was him I was bugging, I've no clue.  But that's it.  There you have it.
It's ME.

Fizban:
Somehow I don't quite think that's it...

Mordecai:
It is probably the %at% code for rooms.
I havent fixed that yet.

Why didn't you use the %asound% command for this script?
Try this?

--- Code: ---Name: 'Troglodytes Smell!',  VNum: [57702], RNum: [ 3881]
Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles
Trigger Type: Entry , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None
Commands:
wait 1
set nroom %self.room%
%asound% A thick, suffocating musk wafts into the room, the oily stench almost graspable in its richness.
if %sroom%
  wrecho %sroom% %sroom% The strong, oily musk wafts out of the room with the troglodyte.
end
set sroom %self.room.vnum%
global sroom

--- End code ---

Fizban:
The goal was to not use asound so that the room he had just left didn't get the message. Asound would have worked, but that's not striving for perfection...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version