Author Topic: Idea for new Variables  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
Idea for new Variables
« on: April 11, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »
This one for the code monkeys (Hi Thotter)

If it doesn't exist, I want to suggest a %room.guestlist% variable that returns a string containing every guest member's name.  This will be useful for making if checks in playerhouse scripts that you want to be restrict to guest members.  Returns an empty string if not a crash proof room.

While you're at it how about a %room.house% that returns 1 if it is a crash-proof room and 0 if not (useful for insanity checks) and %room.owner% that returns the name of the owner (also returns an empty string if not crash proof room.)

If these already exist, please let me know ;)
aka graham

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for new Variables
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:52:59 am »
Sent this to our coding listserv in case coders don't read forums as much as email.  ;D

Prometheus

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
Re: Idea for new Variables
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:58:33 am »
Thotter did read this but he temporarily refused to code it on the grounds that I called him a code monkey :P

By the way, there is a variable for searching a room ID if you have the room vnum right?  Otherwise this variable I'm suggesting will be kinda useless.  I assumed there was, and Thotter said there should be one, but I can't find a documentation on it, nor can Thotter remember what the variable is.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:01:00 am by Hayato »
aka graham