Author Topic: Clans  (Read 27684 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Clans
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 05:40:26 pm »
Ok, couple of things on clans.  First, yes, I like the idea of not everyone going to the same place to get your recall item that you lost - however you lost it.   Second (and I know a lot of people will hurt me on this one), but why do we have so many clans with so few players?  Lately it's not been so bad, but it was to the point that you hardly had more than one person on at a time from the same clan.  And most of the people that were ON in a clan were the clan leaders (no pilgrams? - what's up with that?)

Current clans are (from help file): Chaos, Dark-Jedi, Dragons, Qualinesti (weren't they renamed Mordonosse?), Saints, Sicilians, Table Round, Vampires, Vikings.

Chaos seems to be a popular clan, but all they seem to have are leaders (heh, just pointing out the 3CL thing which boggles me, but to each their own, I guess.  Lots of cheifs, I've been lookin' for the indians - other than Kito).

Dark-Jedi: I know Asmoday pops on once in a while - more often recently than used to it seems to me.  I seem to remember there's a few pilgrims and indians in this group.  Off the top of my head can't come up with names.

Dragons:  Only Dragon I know that's even active is Loran - and that's "active" as in s/he's on once in a while. (I don't know of Loran is currently male or female - s/he changes too much.)  Cati became Dragon to give the clan a memeber.  *heh*  Also, just saying "I am a Dragon" is cool.

Qualinesti/Mordenosse:  ERm.. I see one once in a blue moon but they don't seem to roleplay any.  What's up with that?  The group is an RP group.

Saints: Maybe the only other clan that's as active as Chaos - and without the 3 CL's may I add.

Sicilians: Jason is one daily, Toch is on daily, pilgrims/injuns are on.  Not a dead clan yet.

Table Round: I'm sure there's more than Xeri, but I can't come up with names.  It may just be that - when I type who - I don't look at the clans often enough.

Vampires: They're around, but not sure how many of them they are.  Maybe it's just cause they come out at night and I don't see them.

Vikings: ERm.. Thotter...Hayato... Hesara... I'm sure there are others, but not very active.

Just wondering if these should be pared down some - at least the ones that really don't seem to have much of a clan.  (Dragons, Qual/Mordonesse for 2)

The same could almost be said of RP groups, but I"m not even sure what RP groups are out there.  TEll me, do the RP groups actually RP or is it just to have another channel to gossip on?

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 06:09:40 pm »
I don't know about others, but I'm planning a riddler scavenger hunt, hopefully for sometime soon.

Rp groups have their own gossip-like chan??

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 06:13:44 pm »
Until Thotter codes in the anarchist stuff for clans, Chaos will continue to have more leaders than members. :P

I agree that Qualinesti should be removed.. I'd agree with Dragons too, but it's at least got a little more history than Qualinesti which makes me a little more cautious. Specially since part of that history includes me taking over the clan once and Jaros taking over the clan once.. I think we did it together at one point too. :-\

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 06:16:49 pm »
Slightly revised OP after discussion thus far:

Clans are being opened to the mud, any player will now be able to enter any  clan.

Clan boards will become unreadable to any player not in that clan, however non-clan members will still be able to graffiti other clan boards. Clans will essentially become arena's, however players in their own clan will not leave corpses exactly like in a normal arena, whereas players not in their own clan will leave corpses - this creates a risk in 'raiding' clans.

Clan mobs that survive a raid on a clan will be able to tell the clan members which clan raided them.

It will be possible for one clan to actually declare war on another clan and will show up in clan info. Members of clans at war can be attacked and killed anywhere (except for safe rooms) whether they are PK flagged or not. One clan is declared the victor when either all of the members of the opposing clan are killed once or when one clan surrenders, or both agree to a truce. Corpses remain the same so that non-PK players still cannot be looted.

Clans will have banners or flags added to their headquarters that will be stealable and displayable in the headquarters of the clan who stole them.

Deeds will be added to the mud. Every zone in the mud will have a deed. Deeds will be like zone artifacts that load fairly rarely and give bonuses to the clan that finds the deed and ‘claims’ the zone. Deeds will generate money for clan treasuries of the clan that owns them as well as giving a percentage of the shopkeeper transaction profit to the clan treasury. Clans that own a deed to a zone will entitle their members to double the experience they would usually get in that zone from levelling.

Clan treasuries will now earn interest, something small but reasonable. Clan treasuries will be able to be stolen, not all at once, a certain amount per day – something along the lines of 100 million gold coins per day perhaps, however gold needs to be balanced properly so this is highly likely to change and it could go either way.

Clans will have to pay weekly or monthly upkeep on their clanhalls.

Clans will be able to purchase upgrades at set costs.

Clans can purchase mob 'guards' to defend the entrance of their clanhall, the treasury, and any other important rooms or other rooms in their clanhall. Guards can be wandering or stationary, with wandering guards costing more and a maximum amount of guards that can be bought in total. Guards will require weekly payments automatically deducted from the treasury as well as their initial cost. If there is no money in the treasury to pay the guards, they will no longer be loyal to the clan and may even help raiders until they are killed.

Clans can purchase a treasury upgrade to increase the rate at which their treasury earns interest

Clans can hire clan mobs to roam zones they own, and can purchase strength upgrades for these mobs as well as buying the capability for their mobs to be aggro.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 11:04:45 pm »
why would clan treasuries earn interest?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 11:28:48 pm »
Because otherwise there is no incentive to try and keep money in the treasury, if it's only going to be raided or pay for upkeep to protect from raids.

If there is no money in a treasury, people won't raid as often even though there would be no mobs to guard.. There would be nothing but bragging rights to gain. If treasuries earn a reasonable amount of interest then it should entice people to spend at least some of it in order to protect the wealth, as well as encouraging other clans to try and steal it.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 11:33:24 pm »
then if you're going to say that, shouldn't clan withdraw just be given to anyone in the clan as opposed to the way it is now, where mostly just the top two or so levels of the clan get it?  Cant there be other reasons to have a clan raid (other than gold) that encourage keeping money in the treasury for upkeep and protection?  you would think interest would be in the bank, not in the clan treasury

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 11:40:38 pm »
Clan withdraw could be given to all ranks depending on what the leader sets it to. Otherwise a clan member without withdraw would have to steal from their own treasury and if there were mobs alive and none of them saw a raid, it would be fairly obvious. Something like that anyway. Well, there are other reasons for a raid but they mostly revolve around bragging rights, and I can't think of any other reason for people to keep money in the treasury if all they're using it for is to pay for protection of their clans dignity. If you can come up with another incentive to keep money in the treasury, I'm all ears.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 11:47:15 pm »
Pay for protection for those deeds...Those could be hot items.

Offline isis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 02:10:06 pm »
ideas for clan raids

clans have eq right
make some of the eq deceint and given when killed mob like normal, quest for it, or bought it...
this way when you raid a clan you can get some special eq thats not junk...

also i like the idea about buying upgrades for clan i would sugest making traps to protect? locked doors and such?

maybe a capture the flag type game with the clans on or such?
or even clan wars for bragging rights?  say like for the next 30 min clan wars  every one is pk for that breif time make some areas "safe" in clan (maybe for a price?)
maybe make the chest rooms in clans raidable? once again i got alot of ideas on this dont want to be a virs...
Dear diary. Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 02:36:43 pm »
Here's another idea: instead of deeds just being worth x amount of cash per week for the clan or whatever, deeds could be earn 0.1% interest for the treasury or something, and have it stack. Might be too much, 0.01% maybe. If a clan owned every single deed with each being worth 0.01% interest they'd end up with their treasury earning about 1% interest per week/month or whatever. They could even have a base value of something like 50,000 coins (thinking after we get rid of inflation here) upon capturing them, as well as the interest.

Just an idea for an actual reason for clans to earn interest.