Author Topic: Clans  (Read 29290 times)

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
Re: Clans
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »
got another clan idea, not really perfect or know what the use would be yet (so i was hesitating to post it), but it came up with Xeriuth talking about how with new smarter mobs, it would be weird with TR dealing with arthur in terms of fighting him, or what-have-you (you can clarify Xeriuth if you want)

Anyway, my idea is that maybe each clan could have a certain important mob associated with it (like a Mob Boss as Devram called it).  I dont know, maybe it could have to do with the whole deed thing, maybe some other sort of competition (collect the most scalps, piece of equipment... clan crest related?)... ie: TR's mob would obviously be Arthur, DJ could be Emperor Palpatine, or something along those lines...

Again, not exactly sure where you could go with this, im sure theres numerous possibilities

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 02:43:24 pm »
Could get messy though if Arthur was part of the clan, he can't be in the clanhall, unless it's a special part. Because he is an important mob in the game that everyone may need for at some point in time. Sooo not sure how to go about that. Could be awkward unless there are two Arthurs in the game...
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »
But clan bosses does have merit.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »
I wasn't necessarily thinking the associated mob would have to be in the clan hall, just that they would have some significance to the clan in some way.

maybe you'd have to seek them out and give THEM the phrase for your clan recall (seems kind of silly for everyone to goto the same guy in recall area to get their clan item), also do a quest through them for the clan crest?

They could come in and help during clan raids too, so that way if you happened to have little money for upkeep, at least there would be SOME sort of defense?

They could react to members of other clans depending on how the clans are towards each other (if theres a clan war between Vamps and TR, and i walked in on arthur, he could call the guards to come attack me or something)... of course the problem with that is if that mob already has a quest associated with him, could cause some issues with completing that quest.

I still think it would be cool for an overall quest to collect an item from each clan boss (doesnt always have to be obvious who each clan's boss is) and turn them all in in for something (maybe each item from each boss is for a different class/advantage for the different skill trees, and you pick which one you want and get that item back with appropriate stats)

Speaking of which, how will clan wars fit into this new system with clan raids?

--just thinkin out loud here people!--

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 07:25:54 pm »
clan wars, I take them as that it makes everyone in the opposing clan you are warring with pk'able whether they are or not.. just my take

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 07:35:08 pm »
well yes, but how do they fit in with the new raid system?  i mean, Vampires raiding TR's hall... wouldn't that automatically imply they are either currently at war, or just going to war?  How could a raid happen without there being ill feelings and the thirst for revenge?  Of course , if noone graffiti's your board, or leaves a trace of who was there, it could be a secret raid.  But if a mob was left alive who witnessed it, or there was some other evidence, they should be able to say "It was so-and-so who raided" and that would lead to greater consequences.

do you guys/gals think a witnessed raid, or raid that leaves proof should lead to a clan war? (again, as xeriuth defined clan war, its anyone can be pkd, whether or not they're pk)

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 09:09:09 pm »
i think it'll be two seperate things, clans can choose to war each other, lets say one clan is griefing another majorly, then the griefed clan will probably war the other, to get back at them.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 06:35:46 am »
Even if Clan raids and Clan wars technically are different things, I'd be really surprised if the raided Clan didn't respond with a declaration of war, especially if something was stolen.

Clan wars traditionally mean that anyone in the two waring clans can be attacked and killed by anyone in the opposing clan anywhere (except for safe rooms). One Clan is declared the victor when either all members of the other Clan are killed at least once, or when one Clan surrenders. Another way to end a war is of course if both Clans decide to declare a truce.

But my suggestions would be that any Clan members who aren't PK registered, remain unlootable during a Clan War too. It would be too hard on lowbies otherwise, and the Clans would probably have difficulties recruiting new members.

And yes, it would be really cool if any Clan mob that survived the raid could tell who the intruder was, provided they saw them. That is easy to do with a global flag in a script.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 09:16:38 am »
I agree, non pk's shouldnt be lootable, but at least be attackable with clan wars.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 09:26:54 am »
Clan will be becoming much more involved it seems, which will mean clan leaders will really need to step it up. We were discussing it the other night and it was brought up as to the fact of immortals having their mortals as clan leaders. Maybe this should be a different thread with a poll. But does it divide an imms duties, having to do their work as an imm, and at the same time have to juggle a mortal to run a clan. Is that fair the members? Also would that atypically be an imm interfering with clans? I think the plan is to get completely rid of need imm interference in clans, excluding of course building tasks.. So that's a question, figured I'd bring it..  Of course imms having mortals isn't an issue, but to have an important leadership role that requires a lot of time to do it right while having an immortal.. so they could easily be clan members.
Just want to hear what ya'll think. Be honest.
I'm not trying to stir anything up, just want to hear a general concensus. Thanks!

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 06:17:32 pm »
Agreed. Immortals shouldn't have mortals that are clan leaders.

Also really like this clan war idea stuff that Molly just talked about.

Offline Asmoday

• MSN Messenger - asmodaydj@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - hasetherussian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 08:33:39 pm »
Clan war , yeah its nice , also at this point its useless i mean , for example Chaos is in war with DJ's ok you have to kill us all , or viceversa , none really plays none really quests none really moves out his clan/recall so this war can take forever ..

aum namah shiva

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 08:40:59 pm »
So you support a pwipe then? Cool.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 11:38:35 am »
i've brought this up, but still haven't seen any thoughts on it.

What do you think about having a mob in the game relating to your clan load the clan recalls as opposed to the bartender in recall area?  Along with the idea of each clan being linked to the 4d world at some place, maybe a mob in the zone its linked to.  This could even prove to be a good final entry quest of becoming a member of that clan.  Not to mention more IC than walking 2 south of recall and saying a secret phrase.  Plus it forces exploration, especially of the zone your clan is directly related to.

Also, i was wondering about the same thing with RP groups.  I havn't had a recall item for my rp group for about a year... i am not sure where it keeps disappearing to, but im  not hitting DTs or getting looted... Could we get a script put on a mob relating to our rp group that could load these (same idea as the clan recall question)?  It would remove imm involvement once they were all in, and RP group matters could be left completely up to the players, as are clan matters.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 02:57:55 pm »
I can't decide if I like this or not.