Author Topic: Future Clan Contests  (Read 68306 times)

Offline horus

• View Profile
Re: Future Clan Contests
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2011, 09:54:25 am »
What features are broken that are so damn crucial that it will make each class different to play with?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2011, 06:59:11 am »
Things like lumberjacking, farming, crafting, brewing, cooking etc.. Are all features that are unable to be perfected with broken infrastructure.

GM is a broken feature that happens to be implemented perfectly, even the simple abolition of GMs from the code would make classes slightly different.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2011, 06:59:56 am »
Class masteries, class elemental strengths and weaknesses, and spell elements are all very badly implemented.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 05:33:58 am »
The features you mentioned arent broken - broken implies there is something wrong with it after it was implemented. Instead, they were unfinished, or badly implemented. Even if we knew what Mord's intention was on implementing them, I still dont see how that make the game play any dramatically different. Elemental stuff are just different ways to cause damage. Crafting stuff just gives you different ways to gain TPs, which you mentioned are pretty useless yourself.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2011, 11:45:43 am »
I don't care about this conversation what-so-ever, but I just have to point this out...

Horus, last time we were arguing and I mentioned something related to semantics, you threw a bigger shit-fit than my little sister when she doesn't get what she wants.

The point they're making is that they don't work, either the way they should, or at all.  Whether they're broken, unfinished, or implemented poorly is irrelevant.

Don't be a hypocrite  :-*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:48:26 am by Asmodeus »

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2011, 07:42:34 pm »
Wrong Asmo, I wasnt referring to just semantics - there is a BIG difference between what is broken and what is SUPPOSED to be implemented. You cant just say, oh elemental spells are broken. What does that mean? How is it SUPPOSED to be implemented? How does it affect different mobs, and different spells and under different weather conditions and against different races. What is the purpose of it and how does it affect game play and game balance?

Lumberjacking, farming etc how is it supposed to work? Are you supposed to just walk around typing some command and suddenly you get wood, farm stock etc? What then? Is it just another way of gaining TPs? Would it then make gaining TPs much easier and make TPs even more worthless now?

There are a lot of things that can be added or "fixed" but you cant just add things without thinking about game balance. Also, every time you want to add something, it takes TIME to finish the coding, and it takes TIME for builders to take advantage of certain features. Coders also need to add features for builders as well.

In an ideal world, we can have a team of coders who can work full time on 4D and we can then "fix" every thing everyone wants. In the real world, what gets "fixed" is prioritised. And as I said, the so-called broken features do NOT affect game play to make each class play differently. THIS is the issue Jason had - he complained that there are only a few classes that are worthwhile playing. Adding crafting skills and all these other things Jason and Viri listed does NOT differentiate game play between classes.

THAT IS MY POINT - read carefully before I start thinking you are trolling me.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2011, 07:49:51 pm »
"Adding crafting skills and all these other things Jason and Viri listed does NOT differentiate game play between classes."

That was kinda our point, coders are focusing on implementing minor new features rather than working on the major frustrations most players have.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2011, 08:10:45 pm »
I am referring more to Jason than you Viri. When you are talking about major frustrations, my point remains valid - if something hasnt been implemented properly or if its unfinished, then for someone to actually finish it, it is really a NEW feature being added, since 4D has never had it functional in the first place.

So, back to Molly's point - if you think something is broken, explain what is broken about it, how it should be fixed, what impact does it have on other things like game balance, class balance and how does it interact with the other skills/spells/etc. Whenever Molly wants a new feature, she always write a page of exactly how she thinks it should be implemented. Then there are planning sessions to finalise all minor aspects of the feature. So contrary to the ridiculous notion that things are implemented willy nilly, there are a lot of effort in implementing anything.

I wish you guys would stop with the childish complaints and be more constructive, instead of belittling Molly's efforts.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »
the things that exists in the game allready but is "poorly" implemented or not "working" as balanced or
good as it should that is what you should focus on instead of keep farting out and implementing new shit
constantly. and i think i can speak for virisin too, that neither of us is belittling mollys work if anything
we are belittling your existance and influence. which is HIGHLY overrated.. and frankly quite pointless.   :D

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »
I wish you guys would stop with the childish complaints and be more constructive, instead of belittling Molly's efforts.

Molly isn't my target...  :-*

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2011, 08:46:46 pm »
I was referring to people who complain about things not being "planned" or just implemented "willy nilly" belittles all those involved in the planning process.

But I know you are trolling me Asmo.

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2011, 11:24:58 pm »
the things that exists in the game allready but is "poorly" implemented or not "working" as balanced or
good as it should that is what you should focus on instead of keep farting out and implementing new shit
constantly. and i think i can speak for virisin too, that neither of us is belittling mollys work if anything
we are belittling your existance and influence. which is HIGHLY overrated.. and frankly quite pointless.   :D
If you have great ideas, then write a detailed plan down and you might get to see your ideas implemented. If you just say stupid ass things like everything is broken and needs to be fixed, then how do you expect anything to be done?

Its like you hire a web developer and tell him that your website is all broken, now fix it. Or that you dont like the colours on the website, so fix it. Fix what? You need to be much more specific on what ideas you want, and how its implemented.

Xeriuth had an idea about seekers clan, and guess what? It got done. Viri had an idea about deeds, and although its not exactly how he wanted it to be, it got done.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2011, 07:48:29 am »
you must be a retard man... just make the things that are in allready work.
and maybe finish off the crafting, before you trick anymore 4d imps into believing in your shitty consultation.
about what to add or change on 4d.. :-*