Author Topic: Bugs.  (Read 26796 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bugs.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 04:47:37 pm »
It seems to me that those things that are not segments should be grouped instead of segmented.  Can you group mobs and would it have this effect?  I don't know, but that's what I'd try to do if I ever wanted something like that.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 11:27:23 pm »
Maybe it's for aesthetic affect? A 'group of sharks' looks much nicer than

A shark
A shark
A shark
A shark
A shark

and it's less spammy too.

Or maybe it's for surprise..attack a person and be shocked that his guards are attacking back too. (Though that can be done by scripts...)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 06:28:44 am »
It's done for both reasons. :)

Each builder has their own preferences, but personally I use the segmented mobs mostly for mobs that tend to appear in groups, like 'a pack of wolves' or 'a flock of sharks' or 'a group of teenagers', where each individual segment would be called 'a wolf', 'a shark' or ' the boy/girl'. Makes for a nice and compact display in the room, but shouldn't really be too much of a surprise, since the desc of the main mob gives it out. The more 'traditional' segmented mobs that I've made, like Scylla and the Hydra, are scripted however, since they have features that the segmented mobs don't provide. Like the Hydra sprouting two more heads for each one you cut off, or the heads of Scylla actually invading passing ships (which is what they did in the old stories).

And when it comes to guards I prefer the attacked mob screaming for help and loading the helpers. But, like I said, all Builders have different preferences.

One day I might even get around to making the tentacles of Sarlacc in the Great Pit of Sarkoon a segmented mob - which I think they should be.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 09:29:10 am »
One day I might even get around to making the tentacles of Sarlacc in the Great Pit of Sarkoon a segmented mob - which I think they should be.

I think they are already segmented..

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 10:02:09 pm »
Trap aware will now work against snare in combat. Simple fix thanks to Mord.

Prometheus.

Trap aware doesn't seem to work again though, maybe the coders can take a look at it again please? :)

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 01:56:09 am »
I did look at it and it hasn't changed but I will take another look when I'm not busy at work right now.

Prometheus.