Author Topic: A few Pvp Ideas  (Read 22387 times)

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Re: A few Pvp Ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:29:27 am »
3) The PK system is hugely out of balance. You are dealing Player to MOB damage. Not Player to Player.

This statement was a little off. Supposedly things like magic damage, and other special skills have been scaled back a bit, but I'm still not sold. PK dmg here is still a far cry from PK muds imho.

1) Healing potions got nerfed hardcore to put emphasis on priests. Nobody groups. And most CERTAINLY nobody really PKs much. And who the hell plays a priest anymore? You need to bring heals back to their old ways.

This is not referring to the new junk I haven't even touched yet. Case in point: TP potions. There was some silly confusion over this, not sure why. TP stuff just got in before I got really busy IRL. I'm clearly talking about the heavy as hell potions that weighed us down like no other, same with wands. I'm not sure how this was missed, but ok. I've corrected it.

PS: If you see some information I may talk about as being a little off. Be an adult, and not a 12 year old. Inform and correct maturely. I love having misinformation corrected if it exists. Don't flame be it here or on the MUD. I have zero patience for it. The big 3-0 is catching up to me in November, and I'm already a tired individual who as my family and friends know, has no patience for this kind of behavior. I wont engage in it, and neither should you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:40:16 am by Tocharaeh »
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:51 am »

As for it being a clan deed idea...... Neato idea, but there problem is is the fact that deeds can change hands roughly 80 times within 10 minutes.

Now I wouldn't mind "invoking the Gods", or "Calling the Army" kinda deal at all to !recall specific owned zones, but it should come with a heavy price. Time to start rolling out those clan tokens. What? No tokens? Suddenly we see people questing again. Just saying, let's get the 4D economy rolling for once.

I am sure that a combination of the two could work, if a little care is put into the balancing. I am all for the actual spell costing tokens or TP, that would be good for the economy.

As for the deeds - don't exaggerate! They don't repop 80 times in 10 minutes, only when the mobs and the zone resets, which for most zones, except newbie zones, means every 2 hours. Sure, you can collect some spares, and delay dropping them in the deed box, but you cannot keep the spares forever, or they go poof. Anyhow, collecting the spares in advance and setting up for someone to drop them at the right moment would be part of the strategy. Possibly mostly used in Clan wars, (if we ever get those running), but still an extra spice to PK.

7) Fix vampy already. This is stupid that it doesn't work anymore and hasn't for a very long time.

What on earth is this "vampy" that needs to be fixed so badly?

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 12:48:15 pm »
Vampy = vampiric, the flag on weapons that heals its user based on a certain percentage of damage dealt with said item vs. mod/player.

As for deeds, multiple deeds can pop in any given zone so as soon as one person puts it in, the next guy does the same and they have already lost yet. We really need a kind of ownership lag thing going :D
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 08:55:12 pm »
its called !lifesteal

And its not broken, it was changed.. It only works if your fighting the opposite alignment of you. and with alignment being as is, makes it worthless I think. I hate alignment in this game.

Id like to see it returned to the way it was.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 09:40:50 pm »
That's cause the way it was = never have to heal and can kill anything... It was retardedly strong so it got nerfed which is probably not a good solution, but the way it was wouldn't be an improvement. Especially because it was so easy to get the subskill.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:53 pm »
I cant remember how good they healed. But the alignment should be removed and nerf the actually healing %. But this belongs elsewhere.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 12:04:20 am »
Sorry, vampy is a fairly known term for vampiric (lifesteal) effects on items, so I tend to default to that.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 09:37:27 pm »
Is Toch really the only one against having a small delay of using any teleport after fleeing a pvp engagement?

Cause I would like to discuss it more. I dont think it should be class dependent and a type of spell. Just be part of good ole fashion PK. You still have a chance to get away, and make it so its only when you leave a fight. It would really make you know the area an importance to both living and killing.

Could possibly only have it if you flee and say not if you retreat out? If you flee you are too panicked to use and concentrate on using any teleports.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:41:01 pm by Bane »

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 10:50:34 pm »
also on something toch said about being abuseable.

Make it so range attacks dont add the timer, and if you are worried about people abusing it with track, make track only useable once every few seconds after a PVP battle. You are to enraged to track.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 12:08:05 pm »
One thing I've seen in other games that I always kind of liked was a "fight timer". For 30 seconds after any initiation of combat, whether mob or PK you couldn't quit or recall. We could probably play around with this relatively easily.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »
I would prefer it that way
 Would make fighting harder mobs more difficult. I think 30 seconds may be too long

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »
As for the deeds - don't exaggerate! They don't repop 80 times in 10 minutes, only when the mobs and the zone resets, which for most zones, except newbie zones, means every 2 hours. Sure, you can collect some spares, and delay dropping them in the deed box, but you cannot keep the spares forever, or they go poof. Anyhow, collecting the spares in advance and setting up for someone to drop them at the right moment would be part of the strategy. Possibly mostly used in Clan wars, (if we ever get those running), but still an extra spice to PK.

Are you sure? I know I've collected two deeds for the same zone whilst levelling and within about 2 minutes of each other quite a few times... Could have been a random coincidence that the zone repopped at some stage in those 2 minutes but I don't remember the mobs all repopping.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 07:12:19 pm »
Your kill count goes to -100 after you win a deed so you actually have to leave a zone and return to repop deeds Virisin. Maybe you're thinking of the old system when it very first came in?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »
No I was levelling in Punt like 2 weeks ago and got a couple deeds in a row..

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 07:44:45 pm »
How many mobs would you say you killed in between? Maybe there's two zones to punt or some way that you clear your tracked kills.