General Category > Typo Change Announcements

Typo Fixes

(1/9) > >>

Kvetch:
It seems that because people don't see us do it, there's a feeling that sometimes we don't look at the typo board.  Well, just to let you know we do!  New board to keep you up to date on all our typos that have been fixed so you know that Yes, we ARE working for you.  :)

Kvetch:
Acridia       - Apr 22 -  4528 : found an error on web page "http://4dimensions.org/node/MedievalZones#30" unde
r "The Citadel of Thandar" - next to last sentence '...discover your trespassing...' should be "you're" not 'your'. Probably not right place to report this - please let me know correct place and I'll use it next time. Thanks :)
Acridia       - Apr 22 - 38311 : 'help critic' - 2nd sentence '...cure more then the...' should be 'than'. Last
 sentence '...heals more then..' should be 'than'.
Acridia       - Apr 23 -  6636 : room description - 2nd sentence 'advice' should be 'advise'.
Acridia       - Apr 24 -  7772 : object in this room 'telegram'. 2nd sentence 'know' should be 'known'.</td></t
r></table>
Acridia       - Apr 24 -  3391 : when I 'give potato distiller' in this room - last reply is 'The distiller sta
tes, 'Hunter's Rest or Bull and Bush will buy my liquor.' - to be consistent - should be  'Bell and Bush'.
Acridia       - Apr 24 -  3390 : in this room - when I 'give hops brewer' - his last statement refers to "Bull
and Bush" - to be consistent - should be "Bell and Bush"
Acridia       - Apr 24 -  3391 : this room - when I 'Give rye distiller' - last statement refers to 'Bull and B
ush' - to be consistent - should be 'Bell and Bush'
Acridia       - Apr 25 -  4529 : web page 'http://4dimensions.org/node/MedievalZones#30' - Citadel of Thandar -
 '...if the Cook doesn't discover your trespassing...' should be "you're".
Acridia       - Apr 25 - 12901 : web page 'http://4dimensions.org/page/some-hints-how-improve-your-gameplay' la
st hint (right above 'Back to Top') - 'classe' should be 'classes'.
Solinar       - Apr 26 -  7291 : The aegean Sea should be Aegean Sea
Acridia       - Apr 26 - 13039 : object in room - 'A black barbers chair is here.' should be "barber's".
Acridia       - Apr 26 -  2063 : in this room - 1st sentence 'mountain' should be 'mountains'. 2nd sentence 'then' should be 'than'. 
Acridia       - Apr 26 -  6815 : room description, last sentence - "Tombstones's" should be "Tombstone's".
Acridia       - Apr 26 - 14307 : web page 'http://4dimensions.org/node/MedievalZones#23' - Rip in Time - last sentence 'someof' should be 'some of'.
Mardo         - Apr 27 -  9777 : BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK -- says ando after introducing who is starring in the movie, instead of and
Prometheus    - Apr 27 -  1295 : [ Trigger: commandants receive hands and notes, VNum 3737. local var 'commander_note1' not found in remote call ]
Acridia       - Apr 27 -  3006 : in this room, when I 'look hard', item #24 'The Seven Dwarvesat least most of  them)' should be 'The Seven Dwarves (at least most of them)'.
Calypso       - Apr 29 -  3001 : anxious social has a typo. "Mardo anxiously nibble on him lower lip."
Acridia       - Apr 29 - 21473 : at the end of the Ali Baba quest, when you give the brick to the potter, he smiles and then says it is perfect. The next sentence 'consistancy' should be 'consistency'.
Acridia       - Apr 29 -  7886 : questcard #21 - last sentence '...she seems to more miserable...' should be '.
..she seems to be more miserable...'.
Acridia       - Apr 29 -  7860 : mob room description ' A small serf girl is playing with sticks and stones in
the dirt.' - the one wearing dirty rags - 1st sentence '...in these hard surroundings, The little...' - should be '...in these hard surroundings. The little...'.

Molly:
Nice work, Kvetch.
But wouldn't it be great if there was a command to remove a typo rapport from the typo file after you fixed it?

Coders? is it possible?

Kvetch:
It would be nice, yes, but even if that was put in it wouldn't show the people that play that we're working, which is what this board is for.  It would also probably make it so the typo file didn't fill up so quickly when we have people like Acridia and how some previous players used to be that send so many. ONce it fills up it takes time to get someone to archive the file to open it up again, which means we probably do miss a few typos.

Prometheus:
I can manually delete the entries from the typo file itself. Diandra might know another way. But I can at least clear out the ones Kvetch did.

Maybe Once or Molzilla can add an command. I know Molz is playing around with lisp so it might be able to do it. I would ask Molz to see if it is possible.

Prom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version