General Category > Suggestions & Ideas

Feedback for New Spell Multi's and New Spells

(1/3) > >>

Hayato:
Hi

Please post feedback for new spell multi's and new spells here.  I'd rather not have any rants about how broken I've made them, but I WILL take complaints nonetheless.

What spells could use more work, how they can be improved, any suggestions for new spells, please post it all.

Stuff that are already known and are going to be fixed soon:
- Soul Smash needs spell messages
- Cone of Cold missing a message for not working indoors (Yeah, this doesn't work indoors now, just fyi)
- Soul Smash + Heart Squeeze's wis and con modifiers are being removed (or replaced), since all mobs seem to have like 3-6 in their stats anyway (Gojira with 3 con? ok)
- Flame arrow is a mite op.  Will be nerfing that
- I got a lot of complains about Lightning Bolt being stupidly underpowered.  Just FYI, the same conditions for the old 6.01 multi now gives 4.05.  I might increase the base, but I might also wait until I put in a couple new spells too.
- I have plans for making frost arrow (mage and priest) and some sort of inferno-equivalent cold spell (mage only).  Anyone have a suggestion for a name for the latter?

Some stuff to think about:
- Those worried about PVP, a lot of the current strongest spells have a lot of negative modifiers too.  You'll have plenty of chances to neuter your opponent's multis, if you know what to do.
- Logically, priest's should NOT be the strongest damage dealing caster.  That should be left to either mage or esper.  I'm sure a lot of people will point out that I'm currently a mage and I'm biased, but that's the truth.  If you want more damage, remort out of priest and give up that ez button (heal).

Calypso:

--- Quote from: Hayato on June 09, 2012, 08:45:01 pm ---- I have plans for making frost arrow (mage and priest) and some sort of inferno-equivalent cold spell (mage only).  Anyone have a suggestion for a name for the latter?

--- End quote ---

Blizzard Blast
Snow Flurry
Hypothermia
Frost Bite
Frozen Tundra

--- Quote ---I'm sure a lot of people will point out that I'm currently a mage and I'm biased.
--- End quote ---

I assumed that part of your reason to remorting to Mage was to help improve the class, since it currently seems to be a pretty lame class, imo.

Once:
I think we should hold off on buffing lightning bolt back up until we have a grasp on how large a change we've made here and in other areas. Keep in mind people that we're buffing a lot of other spells so while you can't fall back to the easy one hit win, ideally, the goal is that you have different spells for different environments and situations which suit you.

This should make combat both more dynamic, and more interesting. We've also been thinking about how to do a proper combat overhaul of mob ai for quite some time so that is something else that's on the horizon. Although it might be painful right now, you should look at this as progress as in the long run our goal is to make the MUD better, more fun to play, and more varied for everyone. 

I think we should applaud Graham for his initiative in getting this shit started.

Prometheus:
I agree with Once. Lets see how things work out before making too many ground breaking changes. It also gives players a chance to fiddle around with stuff.

Jaros:
good show graham.  if anyone can keep these pesky spells in line it's you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version