General Category > News & Announcements

Newbie Tabard and Helper Whistle changes

<< < (2/2)

erwin:
I'm not even sure if the room (to load the olive branch / tokens) is there... Or maybe it is, and I forgot where it's located.

Off the top of my mind, it would be really cool if we had a pool of say, 3 points, and helpers can load "customized eq" for a newbie. Example of what I mean - some pseudo DG triggers.

Load a sample object, with the following script.

set keywords pendant
set short A pendant
set long A pendant lies on the ground
set desc blahblahblah
set wearloc neck

and for stats (3 points means for stats it will be +1, for movement / mana / hitpoints would be +25):

set stats dex dex dex would give +3 points to dex
set stats maxhit maxhit maxhit would give +75 points to maxhit
set stats dex maxhit dex would give +2 to dex and +25 to maxhit

Of course, this object will poof after 1 remort, to prevent any possible abuse.

Edit: Might as well make it 5 points - 1 point for each voucher. Would it be too dangerous to have a +5 CHA or +5 DR item? Probably, but if there's a script that makes it go poof when worn after 1 remort, it should be fine...

Kvetch:
The room to load the olive branch/tokens happens to be the same room where you post the name of the newbie and how many vouchers they turned in.  Yes, that is The Office Of The Newbie Helpers.  The commands are simply voucher1, voucher2, voucher3, voucher4, voucher5, depending on the number of vouchers.  Long time ago in a galaxy far far away (back before Cati was a helper - so like 7 years?) it seems there was a mob that you had to go to to get the olive branch, but that was changed by Durgan so everything is done in the one room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version