Author Topic: Recovery Time  (Read 6563 times)

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
Recovery Time
« on: June 12, 2015, 01:10:20 am »
I love this game. I haven't played in a while. I stopped playing in most part because I made the mistake of remorting into the gypsy class. And while obviously some people like playing a gypsy, it was not for me. There was no choice but to go through all the classes. I am glad to see now there is a choice of specializations. It is nice to see old friends and meet new people and I really look forward to learning the lay of the lands again and the quests. 4D has never left my mind. This mud is 1st class. Also congrats to the Table Round clan.

My frustration is the time it takes to recover. I tested it three times and it takes 20 minutes. I made sure I wasn't hungry or thirsty. I killed some mobs for 6 minutes, then spent 20 minutes idling to recover - then repeat. That slow progress is very boring. I don't remembering it being that way before. Vryce told me about opa potions that I had forgotten about that aid in recovering health points, but the vendor wouldn't sell them to me saying I had too many magical items.  Some new player may not know about opas and wait it out to recover and get fed up and not stick around. Still, even without potion, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to get to your full health points.

I guess I am wanting to know if this is everyone's experience and if something can be done to speed up recovery time. It doesn't even give you a tick to encourage you; I get no prompt of encouragement from the computer screen unless I hit return.

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Recovery Time
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 09:49:32 am »
There's plenty ways to recover health/mana/movepoints:

- normal potions - available in every clanhall and elsewhere in the Realms: if you can only buy a limited amount, buy them, put them in a bag, drop the bag in the room and repeat the process, till you have enough potions (make sure you can still lift the bag afterwards)
- sleep in the inns that have a positive effect on your health/mana/move points (locations: see one west of recall)
- trading potions from pre that actually full your health/mana/move in one quaff
- the healers in the clan halls and the cardinal in Old Yorke
- etc

Yes it takes time and money and tradepoints to get there or buy the stuff but isn't that the point of the 'economy system' to get rid of tradepoints and money by making those potions/healers available.

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
Re: Recovery Time
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:47:39 pm »
Thanks Diandra.