Author Topic: The Dimensional Warriors PK RP Group Facility  (Read 13569 times)

Leonardo

The Dimensional Warriors PK RP Group Facility
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:08:22 am »
Revealing the highlights of the PK Training Facility

- 6 different fighting areas containing 6 different mobs, one per class. The mobs load using a command
and you can choose which tier they will be. You can purge and load the training mobs as many times as
you wish.

- Before entering the training fields, two shops can be found. One for the Caster classes and one for
the Fighters and Rogues. You can buy from those shops uber items you can test in the Facility fields
at the cost of Award Points. Once you finish your training, you have to junk the uber items; if you
try to sneak them in the game fields, you'll get killed by them and flagged CHEATER.

- PK dueling arena, are special scripted areas where you can duel in a PK honorable fashion, you have
to respect some chivalry rules and test various difficulty fighting stages. Your corpses have to be
recovered from these areas and your opponents can still loot you.

- PK dueling TEAM arena, is a special scripted area where you can fight in a controlled team fashion.
A script assign two players to a group and other two players to another group, then teleports each
team to the extreme angles of the duel arena. The players must face various difficulties to find their
opponents and defeat them. For every PK RP log of the team fights the players earn Award points.

- Many other features will remain hidden until the RP Group is officially formed.

Subscriptions for the Dimensional Warriors RP Group are being accepted from now on. Show your interest
by sending an e-mail to: Leonardo@faoro.it or a NOTE through the NOTE system to Lionheart.
More information about the group will be delivered to you directly, and you can even speak with
Lionheart himself or any other official member of the group to clear your thoughts and fulfill your
interests about the group.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Dimensional Warriors PK RP Group Facility
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:35:21 am »
I basically like the idea, which seems to offer an interesting mix between PK and RP.

Some of the features in it will have to be tested for potential abuse however.

For instance, if you are going to use uber equipment to fight uber mobs, I don't think those mobs should yield any exp.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:25:57 am by Molly »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:58:27 pm »
I think there could be a script that checks for room flags, tying in with the "Once you finish your training, you have to junk the uber items; if you try to sneak them in the game fields, you'll get killed by them and flagged CHEATER."

The ARENA room flag would work well,  ie, no mobs give XP in the ARENA (I think), and the script can check if you use these uber items in a !ARENA room, you'll get killed by them etc.

*Should be a good method, since you are still able to use ordinary equipment to kill uber mobs and still get tons of free xp from uber mobs.

Leonardo

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 03:04:02 am »
The PK Training Faciliy mobs are supposed to yeld no XP, you're there to train your PK skills and tactics not to level.
I modified the XP amount in OLC to 0. Molly informed me that when the mobs reload the value set manually could revert to default, I'll look after this with Thotter.

Good idea Er, but I won't set ARENA flags in a PK area, plus that there are more ARENA rooms in the game where the uber item could be sneaked.

The training rooms are about 10, I just set a random script that checks every few seconds the room where the item is, if it's not in those 10 rooms: Check if somoene is wearing or holding it then kills the actor and purges itself or just purges itself in case is on the ground. And another script prevents it to be put in containers.

You still get XP from the mobs in the Duel and Team Duel area, since those just spice up the PK fights. But no XP from the mobs you can load yourself for training.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:14:11 am by Leonardo »

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:13:46 am »
The idea of a PK training facility really intrigues me.

Do you train against mobs, and then when you think you are ready, you train against other Fearless members? And the members can loot you? Is the roleplaying  just when you are setting up a fight against another member?

Leonardo

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:37:36 am »
You train against mobs yes, you can load mobs from any of the 6 Classes which are:
- Normal
- Undead
- Caster
- Fighter
- Rogue
- Animal
And can load them in 5 different difficulty levels, from tier1 to tier4 which are classified: Easy, Average, Medium, Hard and the Impossible level which is supposed to be doable only using the Uber items. You choose the fighting level for every mob type.

Example:
Let's say you're in 'The Mischievous Grounds' which is the place that loads Rogue mobs, and type: train medium, which loads a tier3 Rogue mob, and find it difficult to fight at the moment and he's nearly killing you, so you just type: train kill - and the mob gets purged. Then type: train heal and you get a restore of your HP points - it won't restore your mana or movement points, to recover those you still have to sleep. So you continue training but this time load a weaker mob doing: train average

The other Fearless players which are more advanced in the art of PK can become your teachers and give you advices and training lessons using the Facility.
Yes is a PK area, you can loot what you kill - but we have an 'ad honorem' code that must be respected, at every kill only one piece of EQ can be taken from the victim corpse - if a Fearless member loots you completely he must respond to the council of the Elders and supply a valid reason for the low action performed, then the council votes in favor of the victim or the looter.

Let's say if you win the council majority votes, the looter is obliged to return every single object looted from your corpse and pay you a moral fee for the trouble created. If he refuses to do so he'll be denied access to the facility for a long period of time and the other Fearless members may help you gather back most of your objects.

The Role Playing is the background of our group which you can read in the Roleplay forum as meant for you in character everyday Roleplay. And you can turn in posting them on the forum PK-RP logs of the Team Duels which I believe that can be made very interesting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:46:35 pm by Leonardo »

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:31:39 pm »
Example:
Let's say you're in 'The Mischievous Grounds' which is the place that loads Rogue mobs, and type: train medium, which loads a tier3 Rogue mob, and find it difficult to fight at the moment and he's nearly killing you, so you just type: train kill - and the mob gets purged. Then type: train heal and you get a restore of your HP points - it won't restore your mana or movement points, to recover those you still have to sleep. So you continue training but this time load a weaker mob doing: train average

What's to stop one of the Fearless members from fighting a mob in the game, getting down on hp, coming to this area to train heal to get their hp back and then going back to fight the mob again?  Even if they have to load something before they can train heal, all you do is load, kill, heal, return. I'm sure there's something to stop it, just curious what it is.

Leonardo

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 01:39:08 pm »
Well, I think probably the fact that everytime you type: train heal - you get restored to your full HP and pay 500k coins for it.

I think it's still more worth to do what everyone actually does, go to recall, type west, type: hea hea 3 times, spend 30k and get full HP.

In answer to Kvetch last post, I write it here so not to spam the thread with many many posts:
You didn't miss anything, I just didn't specify it. I posted just a highlight of the features not the detailed explaination of them all.
But I enjoy to see people getting curious about it  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:49:51 pm by Leonardo »

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »
Ah.. so it's not a free heal. See.. that's what I was thinkin.  I must've missed the cost somewhere in your original post.

:)

Kvetchy

Offline Iwku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:00:58 pm »
That would be really interesting to read the PK logs of the team duals, especially if the teams would post their going in strategy, and what tactics worked or didn't work and why.