Author Topic: Magic Bubble  (Read 14196 times)

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Magic Bubble
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:42:55 am »
All,

I know there has been some discussion on the length of Magic Bubble and if it should be cast on self. I found in the code where the length is determined. I can shorten the length of MB. How long should it be? I know Virisin was saying like 1 minute but I'm leaning more toward 10 minutes maybe 6 to 7. Let me know.

Prometheus.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
Re: Magic Bubble
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:44:49 am »
10 mins is too long. It would make it about useless outside of pk. No one would want that spell on them for 10 mins and not be able to heal. I think max should be 3 mins.

What about castable on self

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 01:49:13 am »
Since MB is more PK to me than not I will defer to those who are PK. If the other Admins are okay with MB being cast on self .... But I can see 3 minutes. What about others?

Prometheus.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:09 am »
1 minute would be ideal. It means there's more strategy involved in using it. I personally wish that all defensive buffs would be shorter.. But magic bubble especially. It just means there are more options.. And yes, it should be castable on self.. Otherwise it's pointless.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:08:43 pm »
1 minute would be ideal. It means there's more strategy involved in using it. I personally wish that all defensive buffs would be shorter.. But magic bubble especially. It just means there are more options.. And yes, it should be castable on self.. Otherwise it's pointless.

Mind I'm not saying it shouldn't be castable on self, but it's hardly pointless if it isn't, ie. gypsy would only ever cast it on opponents anyway, and in fact needs to vs. any melee class.

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 12:28:14 am »
I will make the time change to about 1 minute to 2 minutes in the next 24 hours. If anyone else has any input speak now or forever hold your peace on it.

Making the spell cast on self is still being debated. So I am dealing with one thing at a time.

Please reply.

Prometheus.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 12:29:51 am »
I like the sound of it. 1 or 2 minutes sounds perfect. And yeah, I also want the spell castable on self.

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 05:09:42 pm »
Throwing some randomness out there.

Melee's have a way to stop casters.. casting.

Give casters a bloody way to escape SNARES.

Being sitting ducks just because you're a caster is stupid. Why should melee's have every advantage just because the other is caster?

Sure, go say casters are overpowered all you like. Fact is, do you see anyone PKing whilst being a caster class? No, everyone is melee - generally thief, gypsy or warrior.

And before someone says: "But Natalya, you're PK and you're a caster".

Yes, thankyou captain obvious, I'm aware of that, and I tell you, being a damn caster sucks. I'm not here by choice, I'm here by lazyness, because eventually I'll want to get off my ass and get to GM, and then itll be melee all the way :p

They have some neat skills, they do, but fact is melee's are the better class for the game, period.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 08:46:33 pm »
I was PK priest for ages.. So was Xeriuth. Lots of us have been caster PK and done fine. It's just that.. The EQ is ugly.  :P Honestly, I like having my uber damroll eq, basically because I'm an old timer and it brings back memories.  :-X

I think the reason you're finding casters not as good at PK is because.. You're PKing like a melee class still. Casters arn't made to go straight up against a fighter toe-to-toe and clash staff against sword..

In saying this, I'm not just trying to shut you down or anything, but I currently think casters are overpowered, and I don't think you're PKing a caster properly. Possibly because most of the caster PKers you've seen have been GM, in which case they can just go toe-to-toe and snare other players themselves and all that other stuff.. But GM takes the fun out of everything.

Basically, while you're not GM, PK differently.

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 09:50:52 pm »
I've yet to have an issue as a castor, Fizban has not died yet to anyone with under 20 remorts.

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:32:24 am »
Okay I changed the timer on Magic Bubble to 2 minutes game time. We will discuss changing the snare timer to probably w to 4 minutes. Input?

Prometheus

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 01:45:42 am »
The snare timer is already about 4 minutes isn't it? I don't think snare needs changing. Just magic bubble cast on self.