Author Topic: Grouping  (Read 9471 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Grouping
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:55:17 am »
I just want to start a discussion about grouping. Currently it doesn't work very well because there's a huge difference between player strengths. Also, if you're in a fight and you're the healer, you won't do as much damage as the fighter and so won't get as much exp.. Etc. It also screws up PK. Because we distribute exp via damage dealt, we upped the strength of followers again, so players can choose how much damage they want their follower to do, and exp to steal.. PK isn't about exp, and so a fire elemental for instance, can kick ass.

We need to come up with a feasible grouping system that will work with teh current system.

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Grouping
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:15:54 pm »
Speaking of groups, can one of you casters check if groupspells are still bugged?  If so one of the coders will need to fix them.

Offline Mordecai

• Administrator
  • Has delusions of adequacy
    • View Profile
    • Multiplayer Online Game Anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:36:05 pm »
This is a good topic.
Suggestions on group dynamics will be helpful, I can put restrictions on combat in for pk to balance it, or make it so that charmies only attach other NPC's in pk combat. or whatever.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:43:54 pm »
I think strength brackets would be a good idea. Either remort wise, or tier wise.. Just so people can group more easily.

Offline nanukimo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:58:05 am »
What do you mean by strength brackets??

And I dont think every person should be hit while grouping. Usally in any game there is always a tank, or you can make two people take the damage not everyone. Becuase as it is now if you try to take on bi mobs with a caster in the group the caster is going to be creamed.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 02:08:14 pm »
Strength brackets, so say:

Under 10 remorts = All get good exp from a mob
10 remorts < X < 15 remorts = All get good exp from a mob
15 < X < = All get good exp from a mob

etc.. Rather than divvying exp depending on damage dealt. That just seems like the only way to actually encourage people to level together. Not sure how to fit involvement into it though.. Maybe:

Low involvement = high evasion + low accuracy
High involvement = low evasion + high accuracy

And the mob just has an = % chance of which group member it hits.. That way casters would go low involvement so they had higher evasion and weren't hit as hard, and lower accuracy cause they go for spells rather than hits anyway.. And fighters go for low evasion + high accuracy for good hits.. Rogues probly about a 50% involvement..

That's just an idea straight off the top of my head though..