Author Topic: Favorite Areas  (Read 22217 times)

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Favorite Areas
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:46 pm »
I really like the Greek Archipelego.

I think you can really tell the zones that the collective known as Molly makes.

I heard a proverb today I quite liked, it came from Myth Busters, which, I also quite like. Ha.

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few" - Suzuki

I think I'd rather be a beginner than. Whilst, to an extent, proverb can be quite true, it's also sadly negative.

I'd rather like to think I have a bunch of possibilities just waiting at my doorstep.

I like being naive I think..

I'm about as far on the other end as you can be. I trust almost no one (you can't truly get hurt by someone you don't trust and expected to fail you anyway), expect little out of life (getting more is then a pleasant surprise, and you can never be disappointed).

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 08:59:24 am »
I think I'd rather be a beginner than. Whilst, to an extent, proverb can be quite true, it's also sadly negative.

I'd rather like to think I have a bunch of possibilities just waiting at my doorstep.

I like being naive I think..

I'm about as far on the other end as you can be. I trust almost no one (you can't truly get hurt by someone you don't trust and expected to fail you anyway), expect little out of life (getting more is then a pleasant surprise, and you can never be disappointed).

Ok, I know this is getting well off the topic, but I just had to reply.  I agree more with Nat than Fizzy, but I understand Fizzy's mindset.  If  you don't expect much, anything you get is a good surprise.  But, on that note, if you expect to fail then it can easily become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I mean.. why work for something that's destined to fail anyway (example: why work on a marriage since it's destined to fail - over 50% do...and let's not get into how many relationships fail to turn into a marriage).

I'd rather have "naitivity" that something will possibly work out than the "knowledge" that it won't.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 02:40:37 pm »
Mmmm, I'm not sure I like that zone Kvetch..

*tries to get re-rail the thread*

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 03:13:45 am »
I'd rather have "naitivity"

What's naitivity? naivety perhaps?

Offline vicks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 07:37:26 pm »
Oh yes, little italy is great fun, its got some nice little details that really make it interesting.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:34 am »
Well, here are some favourite zones.

Alpha Centauri (Herbie is cute, but I also like the many (funny) scripts on the mobs which brings flavour to the zone. Eg, talking with His Arrogance Ai Poppy Googy, the Yalcans in Yalc. Possibly the funniest zone in the game) Also led me to read the Retief books by Keith Laumer

Victorian England (It really seems to have everything for everyone. Nuff said. And the fact that you don't need to be a T4 L50 to complete any quests there)

Midlands (I like the maze, as well as the ways of finding/getting the keys to the knothole and the manor room)