Author Topic: Clans  (Read 9929 times)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Clans
« on: June 12, 2009, 11:11:42 am »
We are going to implement some long asked for changes to Clans, in order to make Clans more independent of imms. The changes will involve the following:

1. A Retired flag, for inactive CLs
- The Retired flag will be displayed as a tag on WHO-list with the name of the Clan.
- A Clan Leader will not be able to retire another CL.
- Clan Leaders will be able to retire themselves, but not to return as CLs on their own. Only a CL, or imp, will be able to promote a Retired CL back to CL Rank.
- Only imps, not other imms, will be able to set the flag. Imps will also be able to retire an inactive CL without linkloading them.
- Retired CLs will have access to all the top clan commands, except that they cannot promote anyone - (including themselves) - to the CL rank.
- A player can only hold the Retired Rank from one Clan.

- 2. The ability to promote, demote and expel inactive members, even when they are not on line.
- Only CLs will be able to do this, not lower Clan ranks.
- Normally promotion and demotion should be done with both parties present, to explain the reasons behind. This is mainly meant as a way to get rid of highly inactive players, or when the leader and member have very different playing times.

3. The ability for Clan members to leave the Clan, without having to wait for the CL to come on line.
- Normally you should ask the CL to get expelled.
- Leaving the Clan on your own accord comes at a price; 1 silver token.
- Imms should not be asked to do this. The goal is to make Clans as independent of imms as possible.

* A timered Outcast flag, to discourage Clan-hopping
- Every player who gets expelled from a Clan, or leaves on their own accord will get the Outcast flag.
- The Outcast flags lasts for 2 weeks real time, and you won't be able to join a new Clan with the flag.
- If the player is set as PK when leaving the Clan, they will stay as PK for as long as the Outcast flag stays.

Later we might implement other changes to the Clan code that have been dicussed earlier, for instance:
- Clan Wars and alliances
- possibilities for Clans to invade the HQs of rivalring Clans
- various opportunities to protect your Clan HQs against intrusions, against a price.

Since this will have greater impact on the gameplay, we first want input from the players on these proposed changes, so please post your opinions and ideas on the subject in this thread.

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
Re: Clans
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:53:26 pm »
   Oooh, I'm feeling the outcast flag idea. I also agree wholeheartedly that if you wish to expel yourself from a clan without the knowledge of the leader, it should come at a price. I also think a silver is very generous. I'd say gouge the heck out of them in the pockets so that they take joining clans in the first place seriously.  Jumping on the first clan that offers you a position is the worst idea in the world, and nuts to those that do it. It's the reason Rynock ended up in a clan like Table Round and not Dark Jedi where he belongs. I know that roleplaying is optional and all, but it'd be nice if the members of a clan actually fit the descriptions given to the players in the clan office. Meh.
   Funny, I was just going to start a thread on opening clans. I think that it would spice things up quite nicely. As it's impossible to actually loot vaults and such, I don't see any harm in it whatsoever.  I can see both RP and PK benefiting from opening clans, but as with many things, there may be a down side that I don't see. As far as for RP reasons, diplomatic associations would be much more personal if you invited the person you intended to make allies or peace with to your home. That's just basic protocol. As it stands, you can't do that.
   As for PK, I can see there being one less safe place to hide for those that lust for blood. That should keep people from going idle too often. :P
   In conclusion, great ideas. Make it so! >.<

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:03:54 am »
OooOooO Raid on finally after all these years of nagging!!!
and finally you imms butt out this is such a glorious days for all mortals!
Cheers to all and lets drink ourselfs silly to celebrate this magnificent occation!
Jayswizzle

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:42:36 pm »
Hehe. I was the one who suggested to toggle the outcast flag to implementor level  :P

Prometheus

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:02:43 pm »
I'm not ready for a retired flag yet.

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:11:15 pm »
Psh. Old fart. It's way past time you came back anyway. Quit acting like you have better things to do.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 10:42:20 pm »
Unfortunately Uni blocks my access to the game.. But if what I heard is true, I will have to come back on November the 5th.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:40:55 pm »
mmmMmmmMm November
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:43:14 am »
All we need is an automated leader retire if they become inactive. Or if they are going on vacation and know they'll be gone they can put in a vote with the clan to extend their time by such and such so they arent removed. And if they retire, again a clan vote to promote one of the members to leader. If there is only one active player, lucky them.
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here