Author Topic: Movement Costs  (Read 7565 times)

Offline erwin

• View Profile
Movement Costs
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:42:33 am »
I find it that the higher level you go, the more movement points skills cost.

IC wise, this doesn't make sense, as the more proficient (aka level) you are, you ought to perform the skill better, and hence use less movement.

However, I would suppose that this is done to prevent players from levelling faster / remorting (this is a guess.)

Example, I use over 8000 movement points killing Greenie at level 47. At level 40, I would probably just use over 500~1000 movement points, and still manage to kill Greenie.
Not to mention, exploring is a bit of a pain at higher levels, but that's still okay, unless I run into high level mobs (then my movement really runs out).

I'd suggest having skills use the same movement per level, what do you guys think? Otherwise, I'd have to kill my character when he's about to level just to prevent him from levelling.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:00:17 am by erwin »

Offline Mordecai

• Administrator
  • Has delusions of adequacy
    • View Profile
    • Multiplayer Online Game Anyone?
    • Email
Re: Movement Costs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:32:29 pm »
As you remort, your movepoints are accumulative.

One of the reasons people remort a lot is for this constant gain.

Now the amount of movepoints it costs to do things increases by tier and level, so it makes it worthwhile to have a lot of them.
Because you get modifiers to your skills, and energy, and evasion, and all sorts of things based on the percentage of move you have left.

If I could go back in time and change it, I would.
I would prefer to have caps for Move and Mana of a rolling average of your last 8 classes or so.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
Re: Movement Costs
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:49:18 pm »
Nod, I agree that movepoints are accumulative, and that the cost to do things increases by tier and level.

But it seems to be a bit strange that a T4 L40 would be much more equipped / able to kill high tier mobs easily than a T4L50, because the movement decrease at the T4L40 is much lesser (and hence less decrease to skill multiplier and speed). To be honest, I've never really noticed that this affects me much, until I hit a DTed, and noticed that killing Greenie took a big chunk of moves (8000 moves from 25705) is just slightly less than a third. But then, it slowly adds up, if there are aggro mobs on route to various zones.

It would seem then, that character utility rises from level 1 to a peak at around 40ish, and then decreases slowly at level 50.

But I think I'll just stock up on movement restore potions then :)