Author Topic: Guidelines  (Read 10345 times)

Leonardo

Guidelines
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:24:54 pm »
Code: [Select]
From the guidelines:
10. Scripts

Scripts are allowed on all items, but must generally be approved by a Head Builder.

Avoid scripts that make the item very spammy, for instance random or global messages, or long messages that trigger every time an item is worn or removed

Any scripts that teleport the user out of a room must have a short delay in the beginning, and also a check to see that the user is not fighting.

I thought the default delay is 5seconds, it can be lower than that? What's the shortest delay I can use on a teleport item?

Leonardo

Re: Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:30:02 pm »
Code: [Select]
From the Guidelines:
AC/Armor:
1 point for any armor change for every +1 or -1 stat
(Remember that AC as addaffect needs to be set as negative to be good.)

I know that AC as addaffect should be set positive to be good it's ARMOR as addaffect that should be set negative.

Leonardo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:37:23 pm »
There is any Guideline for Healers mobs?

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 12:31:21 am »
I thought the default delay is 5seconds, it can be lower than that? What's the shortest delay I can use on a teleport item?

Shortest is 5 seconds.

Leonardo

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:36:59 am »

Shortest is 5 seconds.

Why don't you specify that in the Guidelines, short delay is too vague I believe.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 03:15:35 am »
I know that AC as addaffect should be set positive to be good it's ARMOR as addaffect that should be set negative.

Ac and armor, when set in OLC, both affect the player's ac, when the item is worn.

Ac is set in the Values menu, (under C), and armor is set as addaffect, (under D).
The value should be set as positive and the addaffect as negative to lower the players AC.
Example: ac 5 and -2 armor lowers the player's ac with 7

But you are right about one thing: There is a typo that should be corrected.
The addaffect is called ARMOR in OLC - AC doesn't even exist as addaffect.

Leonardo

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 02:18:47 pm »
There is any Guideline for Healer mobs, like what level can they be, and which spells they can sell?