Author Topic: Trample  (Read 12786 times)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Trample
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:35:59 pm »
The delay on trample seems overly long.. Could it please be looked at?

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Trample
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:01:14 am »
And what would be a reasonable delay for Trample? Anyone else who would like to input?

Prometheus.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 12:28:31 am »
Since my trample skill has gone up I've realised the major delay is on failing, the delay after success seems fine, but if you fail a trample you have to wait forever.. I don't see why they can't be the same.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:30:28 am »
I will put it on the to look at list. I'm trying to knock my to-do list down to reasonable size :)

Prometheus.

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:31:20 am »
And what would be a reasonable delay for Trample? Anyone else who would like to input?

Prometheus.
I'd say Immediately in most hostile circumstances. If I were an angry trampling horse I might rear into a three second delay where I was spazzing in fright at an aggressor. But yeah, I'm not even half horse. Ask Cati, she'll know.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 06:48:51 pm »
*peers around looking for a Cati - nope, not one here*

Seeing as I'm not online, I can't just look up the help file on this to help me answer how long the delay should be.  The response would be dependant on how trample is actually viewed (ie: what the help file says about it). 

If you consider trample more of a charge/trample then it would take time to charge/trample/run over victim, but as you can continue fighting in melee when you trample, I'm assuming it's not being used this way.

That gives us a horse kick (which would be different than kick I guess as centaurs don't always have kick), which if you were in melle, you should be able to fight with your weapon and kick out with your hooves during the same round.

But, if you're thinking of the rearing kick, then there should be a delay - as you (or your mount) would have to turn around to kick, and I would think that you really wouldn't be able to use your weapon during that round.

so, my 2 cents.  tear apart at will.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »
I just know the delay on failing trample is like.. 5 seconds at least. Which is a long time during combat.