Author Topic: Final Cacophony: Diaries of The Destroyer  (Read 7088 times)

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Final Cacophony: Diaries of The Destroyer
« on: October 11, 2009, 04:13:18 pm »
Blood Rituals: A New Chorus

The cavern in which I had dwelt for some time now was alight with purple and green faerie fire. It had been sometime since my last sacrifice to Lady Lolth. I had been busily working to increase the numbers
of devout in Her name. She has been pleased thus far, and I am grateful that she has favored me, but a male..Nay not just a male. Her Champion.
Recently I have come upon a rare item that requires growth. A gift of Lolth? I could only imagine what gifts lie dormant within the gem studded pendant. However, in order for those powers to be brought forth required a power source. I had reached a a rather large dilemma. This problem had required that I go away for some time to think of a solution to a very serious problem. Tapping its powers required power that was beyond even me.
To require something of equal or greater power in order to be granted its gift was ingenius really.
After several weeks I had happened upon the solution, but the simple thought of it would have made me a laughing stock amongst the "sane".
I needed a celestial.
Hardly an easy task to acquire one, but it was doable. I spent the better part of a eighteen cycles checking and rechecking my summoning chamber. Everything had to be perfect. Celestials could hardly
be considered guppies of the cosmos. The circles of power had been drawn, runes scribed, and blood spilled. Everything symmetric. Everything perfect. The pendant hung suspended high above in the center of the circular chamber.
Willing my innate powers of levitation granted by my birthright, I floated inches from the ground. I prepared my spells vs. good, against fire, and from mental insinuations. I could take no chances. I had even prepared a spell to protect against physical attacks. I took final measure of the chamber, nodding with approval and admiration at the grand work, and my hands suddenly began to weave webs of power in the air. My voice deep, and loud. Arcane words of power long forgotten flowed from my lips, and the thousands of gems that studded the chamber began to glow brightly. Darkness was called as I continued to weave my spell of summoning; willing the shadows to flood the room in pitch. The light only fed a celestial.

Finally, with a magically enhanced, booming voice I called out the name Treflah. Suddenly there was an almost unnerving hush, and then a light nearly as bright as the sun began to pulsate, and then with a sudden flash the most beautiful, and magnificant creature in all of the cosmos stood before me.

Large feathers of red and white hung from great wings that sprouted from her back. Her skin smooth and tan. Her eyes were as large as a fist, and her breasts supple. The body perfectly curved and proportioned. Her legs were more akin to that of a bird kind which ended in three great talons. Hanging from her hip was a great sword that radiated with its own brightness. "Good" stank up the room, but my evil held it fast.

Treflah glanced around and once I was located the most beautiful tenor voice called out from her lips "I am bound, why?". Why indeed. "why" was always a question that invoked anger from me. With a sneer I answer back "because I will it". She studied me for some time, but without notice an itching feeling began
at the back of my skull. I laughed heartily at her feeble attempt to probe my mind. Her frown could almost have touched the floor, "We are not enemies" she intoned. "You are both wrong and correct" I replied, "I am your enemy, and you are my food".

"Others will find me. They will avenge my death" She said defiantly.

"I can only hope so" I chuckled. With that she brought up her sword and began to  strike at the invisible barrier. It was to no avail of course. With that I cast a powerful penalization spell, and held her still. The pendant glowed a radiant and HUNGRY red. I allowed her head to move, as the pendant slowly descended to just above her head.

She looked as if she wished to cry. "Will it hurt?" she asked, but already knowing the answer defeat was clear in her eyes. She could not fight me. Lolth was on my side.  Nevertheless I replied "Yes", and with that silver rods almost instantly sprouted from the pendant and burrowed deep into her flesh. With each pulse from the radiant artifact invoked screams of pain, and a little thinner celestial.

-----------------------------

Several days have passed and already the chamber has begun to fill with other celestials.
A spell of silence became a needed thing after a while. So many screams of pain as the pendant fed could
attract unwanted guests, and I was a busy Drow. I now smile at that thought of my new toy as I plunge
a dagger deep into the chest of the child before me. Soon all would know Lolth's wrath.

They would know Her greatness, and be in awe.

After removing the heart of the child and offering it to Lolths handmaiden I made my way back to the
summoning chamber now filled with celestials and daemons alike.

Praise be to Lolth. Hail and fear Her.

~Tocharaeh D'Araesth
Champion. Devout. Chosen.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 04:23:23 pm »
   I have been away for some time in a long reverie deep within the Underdark. Many were worried and the rest were pleased. My "vanishing" seemed to be a relief to many for then the worry of being a new sacrifice was not something to vex over. Little did they know...
   It's been five months now, and I've finally awaken from my long rest. The summoning chamber was very draining on me, but I have come closer to obtaining that which will further Lolths will and finally bring down a rain of fire, and a teaming of vermin across the lands.

---------------------
   I've a new chamber recently constructed for the purpose of augmented scrying. The room is loud with the ever crying, sobbing, screaming, and loud wails of despair gifted to my ears by the many thousands of heads that have had the backs thrust and affixed against spikes against the walls.
   All around from every direction a head can be seen. Their sightless gazes strategically set to focus on a single point in the room. There in the middle of the room a great mass of eyeballs that would even make a beholder wince floats a sum eight feet off the ground. Their owners gaze unknowingly back at them. The eyes do not register recognition.
   Yet another morbid chamber to further the Will of my Queen. I trust is could turn the stomach of even the strongest. Especially when they know that some of my own children adorn the wall. Just heads, but they live......painfully. My many thousands of prisoners stuck tight in this intricate prison for an eternity of pain, and sorrow.

Praises to the Lady of Chaos.

With two syllables spoken the chamber is bathed in a soft green hue, and the slimy floating mass begins to spin. Another word spoken and sharp pains are sent through my captives. My tools. The din of suffering begins to fill my ears. My final triggering word breathed life and new pain into all as great beams of light shoot through the many thousands of empty eye sockets into the floating mass, and suddenly above a dark sphere shaped like the planet is formed.

Anywhere I wish it, I can see.
Anywhere I will it, I can go.
Anywhere I want it, death will be delivered.

The maddening sounds of babies crying, women screaming, and men wailing fill my ears.
It was pleasing, and I was proud. Their pain brought me this power. And their pain will for forever. I speak the word of my desired location and a great hush fills the room. The utter silence was alien. the sphere swirled within and spun through the lands. And then there she was. The city of elves.
   These arrogant......HAPPY surface elves made my stomach turn. Producing a small rock from
a nearby shelf I examined it between my fingers. With a small blessing spoken the stone it flung into the sphere and instantly it grows to the size of a titan.....and lazily floats over the city, descending. With a new word of power the breeze is robbed from the land and the now TEAMING mass of what seemed to be large boulders as if my meteor has crumbled fall onto the city with an unnerving stealth as they reach the ground.

And so the destruction began.

Spiders the size of cows and elephants swarmed over the vulnerable city. I would have loved to watch,
but I had more pressing issues. I will check up on things in a few hours. A couple hours should be enough…

-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
Devout. Devoid. Chosen.

Blessed be to She who has wrought pain to the hated cousins.
Blessed be to She who reigns all powerful.
Blessed be to She who's Will is Law.
Blessed be, and Praise She who is Lady of Chaos.
Praise be in Her Name, Lolth Queen of Spiders and Mother of Drow.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 04:19:07 am »
Deep within the dark keep a dark figure stands before a great mass of writhing eyeballs floating in the middle of the room. He peered deep into each individual set to look out at the distant lands, and dimensions. These days his crazed mind in his confused state was deeply engraved into his search for something he knew he was missing. he knew something greatly important had been lost, and after having his entire compound searched from top to bottom (including all miniscule and completely arbitrary particles, and atoms) he knew he needed to move beyond the immediate universe.

Ever searching, time slipped by without so much as a whisper. It was easy for him, he who no longer aged, to lose track. He peered deep into a set of real baby blue eyes (once belonging to a would be prince had it made it past eight days old) and set his eyes (pun intended) upon a most elegant celestial he had seen yet. Upon seeing the winged with swimming in an iridescent pool of pure goodness his would be heart strings pulled, and thrummed.

'Ah! Inspiration!'

With that the feared drow turned about with such abruptness and ferocity that his sleeping homunculi awoke with a start, and ran down the hall as quickly as their tiny little legs could hand whilst the drow was in full flight to an unknown destination. Turn after winding turn, the dark elf darted this way and that. Watery pools set into the walls, he jumped through without a second thought as they propelled him to a new location somewhere within his highly coveted keep. And as abruptly as it had started it ended. The tiny assistants found their master scribbling away with such fervor, such intensity that they feared if they had disturbed him even slightly, their lives would end.

Moments later the drow cackled and with a great flourish of arm movements and glowing copy of his now finished piece floated before him, and flashed away leaving everyone else behind, off to an unknown destination.

The drow spun about with a huge grin on his face, a look of renewed vitality and hunger so bright and frightening that it would have been hard to believe anyone could resist the inclination to shrink away from him, even if ever so slightly. He cacklings, and laughed as he started back out of his tiny writing room, back to his scrying. And after their beloved master had reached a safe enough distance from them, they took a peek out of innocent curiosity to see what had befallen their master.

"To my beloved Sarias whose presence is ever needed:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways;

Let me count the ways:

1 town filled with kender lit on fire, when see from above is a giant flaming heart so display the ever burning desire for you, and your love.
2 newly wed couples both flayed open against magical distortion slabs, and smashed together to signify my only wish of being united with your for eternity.
3 separate hearts to be given to Lolth to signify that only to you will I give my own.
4 small heads of pure innocense in the center of my scrying chamber to signify my ever watching eye of protection wherever you may be.
5 tiny pebbles of the purest consentration of true knowledge that have never been tapped by me to signify that I only wish to know you.

Five representing the supreme grace that you have granted me with your ever cherrished company. The power of five is a number to never take lightly, and even the greatest of magicians understand the greatness to be beheld in the number five, but never shoudl they know so long as Sarias stands by my side.

Signed yours truly, and entirely-

Tocharaeh D'Araesth

---------------

Seeing the cruel mushiness of it all the homunculi make faces like a child who had just discovered cooties, and with a final "blecch!" sound, and a simple touch to the tip of their little pointed noses, they were gone. Off to tend to their master.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth