Author Topic: New zone: Put your suggestions in!  (Read 10735 times)

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
New zone: Put your suggestions in!
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:11:52 am »
This got sparked off by me asking for some ideas in gossip, and receiving a bloody overwhelming response of ideas. I found it to be more fun than just thinking up everything for the zone I'm building by myself, rather, to have bits and pieces of input from others that they might get to see in the zone and be able to chuckle and say "I told her to put that in there, that came from me!". =)

Sooo. I thought I'd do a thread about it, asking for suggestions (within reason) of what you'd like to see in the zone I'm building. The way I'm going, it looks like I may even finish it (shock horror!).

But, you need to keep in mind that it has to be in theme, and it can't be personally related to you. IE: No "Jason's Wicked Wrestling Company", and no Statues of Isis =p

So I'll give you a run down on the zone, and then put forward the areas where people can put suggestions forward. I'm writing this in such a way so I don't give away too much about the zone - or at least, only saying the stuff that is visibly noticable once you get there anyway.

-----

The zone:

The name is Xatha, it is an island far off the shores in Medieval era (haven't gotten to the stage of picking where it's closest too). It's one of those insanely beautiful islands, kind of tropical like, the majority of the people are way too bloody nice. A lot of detail has been put into the structure of the island, the Inn's, the road's, the decorations, the beaches. There's a ship wreck to the west, a Beach to the east, a forest/jungle, and more fields and forest-like areas. The main part of the "city" is housing areas, specked with stores and merchants, fishing shops, tanners, etc. The main idea to this zone is, it's a civilization away from civilization. The end goal is, if you wanted to, you could happily stay in xatha and never go to recall again =p

The center of Xatha is the main spot, and this is where you'll find everything you need so you never even have to leave the island.

These are the list of rooms/stores in the "Town Square", and I can get item suggestions for thee stores that are bolded:

A bank, a grocery store, a healer, a coffee shop, a citizenship office, a clothing & jewelry store, a prank store, a flourist (Xathan's like their pretty flowers), a toy & candy store, a pet shop (Need help from IMMs to actually make these "proper" pets?), A potion shop (generic), a Book store and a furniture store, Men's clothing store.

There's room for other random stores throughout the island (I can make room), so, it's suggestion time.

1. If you have any suggestions for items that fit into the current shops listed, post them! Be sure to include a look description as well as the short description of the item.

2. If you have any shop suggestions, post them! I can scatter them out throughout the city. Jason already has one coming to him: Flavio the flourist xD

3. If you have any other "area/room" suggestions, you can chuck them in too. They may not all make it in, but if it's only one or two rooms, you've got a good chance of getting it put in, as long as it fits in with the Xatha "theme".

3. If you want to write any stories for the "books" to be sold in the Book Store, let me have it! The funnier, the better =p But remember, it is medieval times, though I'm sure we could get away with some twisted version of Harry Potter or something, and just say the 4D travel agency graciously provided the residents of Xatha with reading materials =p This could be perhaps the only thing you could attach your real in-game name too? Saying you're an actual author? (Not sure how the IMMs would feel about that?) PS: on the books, if you could mail me the book descs, thatd be better. Let's keep some of this stuff a surprise for everyone else okay? Just PM me on the forums, or ask me for my email in game.

4. Pet suggestion types are also welcome :) Short desc and look desc please :)

Things to note:

1. No "adult stores" etc. This island is scarily perfect and G rated, it's for tourists and travellers, and promotes a very calm and relaxed lifestyle (generally speaking).

2. Nothing too 'creepy'. This isn't sweeny todd's barber shop, or the pie shop made from humans. Keep it light and fun.

3. No need for death type stuff either. They don't go hanging people on Xatha =p

Any other ideas welcome, as long as its not one of those three things =p

I'll hold off from doing the items for shops for now, and continue with the room building as per the map I have drawn out :)

I hope I finish this zone, it could be a lot of fun xD

* PS: Any ideas used will be credited to you :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:59:54 am by natalya »

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
Re: New zone: Put your suggestions in!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 10:17:19 am »
Since you got that awesome flourist, maybe you should have a Flower garden eh?
can't people get a scroll write a story themself then sell it to your bookstore and other people can buy and read folks short stories?
that would be nice.. if we make sure its Anti-virisin so there will be no Novels ;D

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:21:16 am »
pets hmm Miniature dragon, oversized bumblebee name beeznaz? no?

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:24:28 am »
Since you got that awesome flourist, maybe you should have a Flower garden eh?
can't people get a scroll write a story themself then sell it to your bookstore and other people can buy and read folks short stories?
that would be nice.. if we make sure its Anti-virisin so there will be no Novels ;D

Not sure how the whole, sending in stories would work. Thats well above my head scripting wise. In fact, I dont even remember how to script, I'm just pinching other scripts and adjusting them =p lol.

I can also see that being abused. A lot. Maybe still doable, maybe just not at the actual book store in the market. Maybe we could have a publishing office or a public library somewhere where players can go and submit their stories and have them published there?

Need IMM assistance on that one, if it's even possible, for a player to submit a "short story", and be able to have it viewed.

I imagine it would work something like:

A librarian says: "This is the current list of published authors:

Virisin,
Jason,
Isis,
Alexis".

A Librarian says, "To hear a list of works by a particular author, just say their name".

You say, "Virisin".

A librarian Says, "The current works by Virisin are: "A tale of two goats, A mut with a handbag, The neverending story of Chaos, The destruction of Worlds".

A Librarian says, "To purchase one of these volumes, just tell me the name of the story, and hand over the coins.

You Say, "A tale of two goats"

A Librarian says, "That will be 20 million coins"

You hand over the gold and receive a published leather-bound copy of A tale of two goats.

Offline isis

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New zone: prank shop ideas...
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 12:02:02 pm »
other then the dumb normal stuff.
pie launcher.
shoots pies at people
(maybe across the mud?)

animal balloons
can use as mounts
(maybe they can name animal type?
ie name the type of animal you want will make one..
i would want a jason mount or maybe once...

mood rings?
you know like you would type feel happy and the mood ring wold show Isis looks happy...

dolls that you can buy and make follow people and annoy em with various twink sayings like gimmie money gimmie gear and such

buttons you can put on people that beep at them you know (page)
other buttons can do different socials and emotes..for a short time

matches to give hot feet

i got more but kinda wanted to save them for jester areas...
(HINT)

Dear diary. Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

Offline isis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 04:46:50 pm »
also what about a corpse stuffer you know makes dolls and bears?
Dear diary. Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 04:52:10 pm »
Wow, I ask for ideas and I get silence, Nat asks and gets... all this.  *sigh*  I see who you all love.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 05:00:54 am »
To Isis:
Cool ideas - did you know that we do have a Jester area in progress?
It's called Killer Klowns, and was initiated by the immortal Alabastor.
Talk to Diandra, I hear she is getting tired of working on it alone. :P

To Natalya:
Maybe you should dispose of the joke shop, since a lot of scripted funny stuff already exists in the KK area.
It's just not quite ready for the gameport yet, but it probably will be before your project. :)

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »
Sounds like a plan, Molls.

I'm about to head away for a week for work training, so I hope there's more suggestions by the time I get back, namely item suggestions. Else I'll just go through and do it myself =p

Offline isis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 12:03:57 pm »
hmmm molls i think i will.... maybe she would give me a statue..... :P