Author Topic: Mob Class  (Read 8040 times)

Leonardo

Mob Class
« on: February 23, 2010, 06:45:22 am »
I need to know what all these CLASSES do when assigned to a mob:
Enter choice : v
 0) Normal
 1) Undead
 2) Caster
 3) Fighter
 4) Rogue
 5) Animal

Each class what does it make the mob do exactly?
All I know is that Fighter, Rogue, Caster make the mob use skills or spells. Ok, but exactly what SKILLS and SPELLS? Does the mob use them always? Depends on TIER? Please explain it up or paste the class code so I can understand.

Thanks.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mob Class
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:57:23 am »
I hope you get a more detailed answer than I did when I asked last September - see this post: http://4dimensions.org/forum/index/topic,374.0.html

Basically the only answer that has to do with this I got from Anubis while online, but I still had questions about it.  The only thing I know is:
Undead mobs are not affected by:
soul smash, demon shreak, burning skull, heart squeeze, facemelt

I don't know if this means under mob class (which is what I'd asked the person that looked it up) or choice #28 in the NPC flags.  Or if you need both to have a real undead.

Good luck.

Leonardo

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:19:14 am »
Thanks Kvetch.

I hope Anubis gets time to extrapolate that part of code and paste it here if he doesn't have time to explain the options and what they do.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:10:34 pm »
Uses all spells and skills available to said class group, and they can use them without fail.

Rogues- Encircle
Fighters- Huh, I think they just bash
Casters- Can cast icky icky spells

All I believe is purely based off of their DR/HR which is set REALLY high.

Anubis is busy writing a true Mob A.I. that will allow mobs to use proper skills/spells according to class groups (fighter, rogue, caster, etc.,) appropriate to their level. (hope I got that right Anubis).

As for Undead, no clue.
Animal means they can claw ur face off or something- Mainly it prevents gold from dropping from animals. Personally, I always thought that was the dumbest change made to mobs. If DnD says I got a treasure from killing a giant mountain cat- THEN I GOT TREASURE FROM A GIANT MOUNTAIN CAT. Give'us our gold damn it :P

Normal- I believe is just a general non skill/spell class- Cannon fodder really.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline horus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:57:23 pm »
Mob class doesnt really work on 4d because for some strange reason, there is really no mob AI, hence the reason why every high level mob just encircles all the time.

I plan to phase in mob AI in stages:-
Stage 1
Mob class WILL give the mob access to the class' skills/spells. As builders, you can determine how often they use those skills based on their INT, and how many ranks they have in each skill/spell. Mob AI at this stage will be just combat related only.

Stage 2
You will be able to set individual ranks of each skill/spell to the mob to tailor your mob, and you can also assign skills/spells from other classes to your mob.

Stage 3
Conditional responses - If you set your mob at INT 25, the mob will be smart enough to understand which player is hitting it the hardest, and which one is annoying it the most. It might have the ability to throw certain players out of the room; it might cast silence on spellcasters; it might switch its attack to concentrate on one particular player first; etc.

Stage 4
By now, certain mobs will hopefully play almost like a player. If they have healing abilities, they will heal themselves if the player runs away, or they may decide to flee and run as far away as possible then heal themselves up. A thief mob may sneak into your room and backstab you, flee into the next room, set up a trap that snares you, then hides in the next room. Once you are trapped, the mob comes in and backstabs you and retreats and then fire arrows at you. Mobs may call other mobs for help and they group up to even the fight. In summary, stage 4 will look at what mobs do when they are out of combat.