Author Topic: Things to do, People to see. Aka: Things to do other than killin' mobs.  (Read 9934 times)

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lookin' for that thing to do other than kill the baddies that wander around our 4 realms?  Here's a start and maybe other people can add other ideas.  Mine will center around Olde Yorke - the best place around!

You can farm for produce - namely corn, flax, hops, peas and potatoes in the farms on North Wall Road and leeks, spinach, turnips, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, onions and beans in Old Agatha's Garden just off West Trade road just outside of Old Yorke.

The potatoes can be traded to the Distiller who will give you a batch of potato-spirit which you can then take to Hunter's Rest
Peas and potatoes can be sold to the Bull and Bush.
The General Store will buy wheat, barley, oats, rye, potatoes and peas
The brewery will buy your barely and hops.
The livery stable wants oats for its horses.
The Green Grocer will buy anything you grow at Old Agatha's garders - provided it's in an official stamped 4D container of sorts.

Just an idea for those of you not wanting to mobkill.

Offline kitolani

• View Profile
The weird gambling place in outer space is cool, and so is the racetrack in the old west. There are even people out there that like to roleplay. There's plenty to do other than grinding mobs.

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Also, you can make shops buy all the junk people pick up. Armor shops buy armor. Weapon shops buy weapons. Magic shops buy wands and other magical things. Maybe a catch skill to catch animal mobs and sell them to the stables/pet stores.

And if you're lucky enough to catch an unsuspecting female, sell them to the Sicilians who will in turn sell them at a high mark up to the Saints- and throw a bit of profit back your way. We're a reasonable people. As long as you got something for sale, we the ultimate capitalist will happily help turn profit.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And don't forget trading, where you can make a good living trading various items, which pay both Tradepoints and exp.
Zones with plenty of trading possibilities are the Aegean Islands, Egypt, Kush and Punt in Pre, Olde Yorke, Green Fen and Fenizia in Med, the Sutter zones in Old West, and most planets plus the InterGalactic Trading Centers in Future.

Offline Asmodeus

• Riddler
    • View Profile
And how can anyone forget MY favorite activity... Questing!  How much fun is learning a back-story, talking to mobs, solving puzzles, exploring areas (and finding its secrets), having the satisfaction of finishing a tough one, and of course... a good ol' reward!  Its pretty much everything you can possibly do in the mud, depending on the quest!

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
I mostly agree with Asmo here. Questing r0x0rs....but so does slave trading!!!
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Before Viri points out that his message was removed "for no reason at all", I (and more than likely others) are tired of the sexual innuendos (and other things) that seem to run rampant on 4D.  It is not everyone's cup of tea (or idea of fun and games) and is quite insulting at times.  I'd rather remove posts such as those than continue the tradition of just turning a blind eye.  I won't lose good people (like Kitolani) because of ignoring things again.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
I blame Anubis.