Author Topic: Global Channels, in an IC Fashion  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
Global Channels, in an IC Fashion
« on: March 15, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »
I've been sloppy with Natalya lately, having her using gossip and whatnot, and I really have to crack down on that again...

But my point here is that, I want the IC channel removed, and made more realistic.

At first, I wanted to suggest an item that can be made by mages (giving mages an actual bloody role to play on the mud), that would allow people to "project their thoughts" across dimensions/the realms, but then - who would replace one of their current STATTED items, with a useless object just to chat?

So, my next thought is a combination of the two.

I'd like to suggest an item, worn or held, preferabely a head piece, but a ring could work as well, that can be, say, adjusted, by Mages, to allow its wearer to project their thoughts.

For a Mage to create said item, they would need the skill. I'd like to say they also would need some other items to make it a bit more believable, but I'm not sure how well thatd work, so let's just say they need a skill for now which theyd have to do a quest to obtain in tier 4.

Then, if some player wants the ability to project their thoughts across the realms, theyd have to either become a mage themself, or, seek out a mage to make it possible.

So. Player A takes their shiny IRON RING to a Mage player, and says "hey, can you adjust this so I can project my thoughts".

Mage does a neat lil spell or some such on the item. Ofcourse it has the chance of failure, which means that item will not be able to be adjusted, but thats purely dependant on the mage's skill and wisdom, per say (running this off the top of my head now).

If successful, the player can now talk world-wide across 4d.

So rather than "Lionheart ICs, "Blah blah blah"

It could be:

"You hear the thoughts of Lionheart say, "Blah blah blah"

Rather than:
"You IC, "blah blah"

>think blah blah
You focus on projecting your thoughts.

"You hear the thoughts of Natalya say, "blah blah".

I will now go the extra step, and say that I'd love the gossip channel removed. Whats the point? We have an OOC channel, and an IC Channel. If the IC channel can be made more realistic, then there's no real -need- for the gossip channel.

But, if not, why not make it so people with an RP flag don't get the gossip channel. I mean come on, we have RP flags for a reason, those players are meant to have obtained that RP flag because - guess what - they are meant to ROLEPLAY.

So. If RP people want to talk about something realm-wide, they SHOULD do it in an RP fashion, hence - projecting thoughts.

If they want to discuss something that is out of character or out of "these realms", then they should use the ooc channel.

But hey. My ideas when it comes to RP and MUDs are a little extreme. Personally I want to see Recall Point removed, so it forces people to hang out in cities and therefor open up for some more roleplaying experience there. I could think of nothing better than forcing people to be elsewhere, hang out in cities, pubs, whatever their fancy, and go exploring.

As such, I'd want main cities re-designed *grin*

Yet again, probably something no one will go for.. but if it was done well, it could be awesome *frown*

Anyway. Make the IC channel more.. IC :p