Author Topic: Letter from the grave  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Tomrock

• View Profile
    • Email
Letter from the grave
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:29:22 am »
THERE IS no terrorist threat.
You need to calm down, relax, listen very carefully, and repeat after me:
There is no terrorist threat.
There is no terrorist threat!
THERE...IS...NO...TERRORIST...THREAT!
Chapter 4, Michael Moore, Dude, where's my country?

* Dear reader, all information given below is false. Please not read it. *
* You've been warned.*

Let's look around... * Picking up a skull * * Going through spider's webs *
Oh here it is! Let's use it as a crystal ball. What? You're still reading? No, really, you shouldn't. You can't believe a crystal-ball reader, can you?

Well, I forgot. Where am I? Ah on a mud forum. Mud, hum I'm surrounded by mud myself. So a MUD, right? A free place where you have fun.
* Skeletons around are poking at my ribs *
- Free place?
- Yeah you got it right, Free!
- Really?
- Not really, naughty boy. It'll take something very special: your TIME.
- Is it true?
- Yep, of course one could say that you can play only 10 minutes a day and be a good player but those players are 1) liars or 2) people just chatting around 3) people trying to be fair (and who can't succeed) - in fact, if you start hearing this, just look at how much time the player telling you this has played. It will be more something like hundreds of hours than anything else
- Ok, I've plenty of time! So I can play freely, right?
- How lucky you are! Yeah! Too bad I can't take a picture of my own skeleton. I don't even remember being buried here * Clong * A bad memory, really. Let's look at the whole sentence "free play" and "fun"
- Fun!
- Fun! Coool! * A smoke emanates from the skull *
Oh I see some shapes. History seems to repeat itself.
Will you give me a hand? I need some help getting the meaning of these shapes, a vulture, no a lion. I got it! A bush! Too bad, I had no lesson from Harry Potter TeaLeaf teacher...
So you wanna have fun? Mind-bending puzzles, mysteries to solve, spooky mysteries...? You will have. However, I warn you. You are playing with real people.
- Real?
- Yep. Not old skeletons. You can read about skeleton news but not play with them. So you've real people playing a role, and I can assure you that's not better (hopefully I have access to the internet in my tomb) Having fun means beings psychologically-addicted. Have you heard about Fear Factor? Right, you got it. Even if it's physical, psychology is very important, and you have to cope with drunk people, people smoking cigars, swearing ** smiling at someone who thinks: Gosh! I shouldn't read that. It's too long. Plain Gibberish! Geez! No way, I can't read that! * Grumbling! * Well I'll read it anyway... **, Then you have people watching films while playing, listening to music, gardening, playing with their children, coding and so on... Well be prepared for multi-tasking players.
- Man, if I want to play in this "free" game, I need to have a lot of time!
- Right. Will be the same in any mud
- If I want to have fun, I need to be a psycho-something person?
- Right!
* I hear other skeletons claiming: Wrong! Hey, hey, well it will only prove that they've read this message, although they haven't read the first lines. Psycho, you know... *
- And what about freedom?
- No worry. An old one said "Let's remove my own shackles" Gosh! I already forgot what he said. He didn't say that * Clong * I'll ready have to go back. Let's see how can i finish, oh, I know:

F***!

** You know, dude, I think, he'd been too long in his old clan. How rude! No wonder he had been there. My own clan is sooo much better **
** Nah! You can't understand. He has only abbreviated his own character name. **

That's all for today, folks! Take care!
* Going back to the unknown - Putting the skull on the side *

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Letter from the grave
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:05:19 am »
Well done, Mr. Tomrock, doesn't that feel better?  I'm going to narrow the scope a little now and ask you to try turning your thoughts towards what happened with the police officer...

Offline Tomrock

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Letter from the grave
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:55:55 pm »
Coming out from my grave once again...
While browsing my old books (well they give me some entertainment), i discovered the "fabled land app". If you google it, you'll fine a nice software that relates to these old 6 books that gave birth, much later on, to ... I'll let you figure out.
It's really worth it if you haven't heard about it,
Going back to sleep *Squealing noises*