Author Topic: Items for RP groups  (Read 7845 times)

Offline Natalya B.

• MSN Messenger - miss_sol@live.com
    • View Profile
Items for RP groups
« on: March 15, 2008, 06:38:20 pm »
Wanting a general consensus on people's thoughts for RP groups allowing to have Statted equipment for its members.

Clan's are allowed statted items, with certain limitations, I personally don't see why RP groups cant have items.

This arises because I want to add in a shop to the Bitches HQ, however find it pointless to pay silver tokens for equipment to be sold in a shop, which is purely to try add atmosphere and whatnot to the HQ, when the items sold are statless, merely RP equipment, which can be bought from an IMM for 1mil, and won't be worn anyway seeing as they are statless.

Thoughts? Oppinions? Suggestions?

Currently the rule is RP groups are allowed RP Equipment, but they must be statless.

To change this, we need input from other RP groups, to make sure it's fair that all rp groups can have statted items, or not at all.

If yes, what stat limitations would people suggest? Taking into consideration what items are currently available in the game, especially ones easily gotten.

I personally think sticking around the +2 or +3 mark for items is relatively good.

OR, just say to each group "Okay, you can have a maximum of +10 for your items" and run with it.
But obviously have the restriction of obviously not putting all your + applies into one item, so that each item can only have a max of say +2 DR +2 HR or +2-5 charisma, or whatever. Can't be overpowered, but the aim I'm trying to reach is so items aren't so pointless that they don't get worn/used at all.

I'd appreciate input.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:42:05 pm by natalya »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Items for RP groups
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:39:06 pm »
As long as they weren't amazing items, I'd be happy. There's enough overpowered stuff in the game as is, but yeah.. A +2 or +3 sounds ok.

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 02:44:55 am »
Thats what Im saying, nothing thatd seriously compete with eq thats already in the game.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 03:24:44 am »
As long as all RP groups get the same opportunities, and the items have limited affects, I guess it would be OK by me.

I suggest similar rules as for Clan items, i.e. a total of 10 points, and no item can have all 10 points; they have to be divided on 3 items.

And note that I say POINTS, not affects.
For instance 1 hit or damroll = 3 points, 1 str/dex/con etc = 2 points.
Check in the Equipment guidelines for what goes.

Also the usual rules for house items apply:
You have to pay in tokens for the mob, the script, the shop, etc according to what is stated in the Price guide.

Offline Natalya B.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 10:42:29 am »
Thats exactly what Im saying Molly :) Yay :)

So, whats the verdict? RP groups get to have items with stats if they so choose?