Author Topic: Forum Account  (Read 9992 times)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Forum Account
« on: June 03, 2011, 05:05:32 am »
Regrettably this Forum seems to have been invaded by a swarm of cockroaches, in the form of spambots, posting adverts for whatever kind of useless merchandise they are promoting.

At present we are dealing with this vermin by stopping them as soon as they apply for membership, insted of waiting for them to post their crap. The crunching sound while stepping on them is very satisfying.

However, this also means that all new members, even legitimate ones, now need to be approved by the Admin, before being allowed to create the account. Using your Mud name when creating an account will make it easier for us to identify valied posters. But in case we still mistake any of our esteemed members for cockroaches and deny you the access, you need to contact the Mud Administration in game, or over note, e-mail or mudmail to be able to post.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Forum Account
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:06:53 pm »
If you seriously want to be able to reply to posts on the forum, you need to create a character on 4D and then mudmail or note me the name you are using on the forum (preferably the name you're using on the game).  Otherwise, you can still read the forum, but I'll reject the application assuming that it is a spam bot.
We're getting over a hundred requests a day, but hardly any new characters.  So, most of them - if not all of them - are just spam bots and are treated as such to keep your forum boards clean of useless information.

Kvetch

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Account
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:22:54 pm »
What Kvetch posted is a good idea. You can also note me as well and I can do Forum stuff too.

Prometheus.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Account
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 02:58:47 am »
Sine Once apparently quenched the spambots with the new Forum code, it should now be possible for anyone to create a new account, without having to contact the admin first.

I'm not sure if anyone has tested it yet however. His own account seems to be the latest so far.