Poll

What do you think of this update? Please only vote after you've tried these features.

Great
Good
Neutral
Bad
Horrible
Ambivalent (not voting)

Author Topic: Latest Patch 09/10/2011  (Read 20340 times)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Patch 09/10/2011
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 10:23:14 am »
Thanks for the input, Tor.

We probably should raise the TP reward a bit, since there are so many quicker ways to earn TPs nowadays, at least for those who know the game a bit. But not too much, since both Farming and Gardening are dead easy features, totally without risk. They are meant for newbies, and they do need the restriction against repetition, since I remember them being abused massively in the past, before we put that in.

What I'd like is an option in DJ_scripts to restrict a quest or other task to once per RL day, instead of the current once per reboot.
In the old days, when Farming and Gardening were implemented, the mud was pretty unstable,  and often crashed several times a day, so once per reboot seemed like a reasonable restriction back then. Nowadays it normally stays up for a week, unless rebooted before.

True , with the present coding activity, it goes down more often, but it still would be better if the !done restriction in the scripts was set as a spefic time period instead. 

Offline Tor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »
Wow that is surprisingly little for farming. But it IS the easiest way to get tradepoints. Try lumberjacking.

It isn't up to me to disprove every outrageous claim made. It has now been about 9 hours since harvested first crop and the crops still fail at the last step.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 01:21:05 pm »
Sounds like a waste of time, even for utter newbies. Did Tor do something wrong?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 07:26:06 pm »
You should be able to get at least 100 tradepoints in a few hours farming.