Author Topic: PK Ruthless (split from Challenges)  (Read 15050 times)

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
PK Ruthless (split from Challenges)
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »
How hard is it to work around things like PEACE flags?  Because I just had another idea: PK grades.  Sign up for PK and choose your grade:

PK NOOB
If you get killed by a player you don't leave a corpse, you just wake up in the Healing Temple with all your equip still, as if you are under lvl20 T1.  Minor inconvenience + all the fun of hunting.

PK NORMAL
If you get killed by a player you leave a corpse that is open and lootable just like any mob corpse.  How things used to be  :'(

PK RUTHLESS
Your corpse is lootable and PEACE doesn't affect you.  You have no guaranteed security beyond your trust in the other RUTHLESS types.

Any of the three can fight each other, but the rules of the lowest grade apply.  EG: only RUTHLESS can attack each other in PEACE rooms; if a NOOB kills a NORMAL or RUTHLESS out in the world somewhere, they leave no corpse and wake up with their equip as if they too were a NOOB.

Thoughts?

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:07:58 pm »
sounds good to me, with the pk grades, as long as there is a peaceful work-around.  only room you are safe is your house! :)
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:27:43 pm »
I like these ideas.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:32:06 pm »
PK Extra Ruthless, if you die in PK, it's perma death and you have to start over o_o   but... you get like a 100 percent damage boost.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 08:33:39 pm »
We'd need some sort of safe haven otherwise no PKers would ever idle which would probably make us look a little small. Other than that interesting idea. I'll reserve judgement until others weigh in, or enough time passes.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »
That's why you have PK NORMAL.  RUTHLESS is an option only for those who back themselves to play without safe havens, relying on themselves and their friends, etc.  No other RUTHLESS you're worried about?  Sit at Recall, no worries.  It's not a mainstream option.

Edit: some can deal with being junked, get extra good at recovering from it and ultimately become better players. Look at Viri. The extra risk of zero security might add to the game for some.  And kill doesn't necessarily = junk anyway. Friends kill for fun.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:47:04 pm by Jaros »

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
well maybe recall could be the only safe haven for Ruthless for reasons Once stated. Or perhaps make PK Ruthless deaths like PK Noob deaths when in Recall only. That way you can still have the fun of it but can idle there if needed without worries of having to start from scratch. Recall is too much a part of the friendship building process of the game, would hate to see this new feature affect that. I am never ever going to go PK Ruthless, so maybe my input is less valid, but it doesn't sound fair or even desirable to have Recall be part of the PK arena, even for the Ruthless types. Perhaps just have a !Recall added to the PK Ruthless-ers once fight begins.

Also, a problem I foresee with the challenge system is how easy it would be to abuse it. If I want the BBV title, all I have to do is wait for the current title-holder to be about to leave, then challenge him. He would have to answer the challenge or lose his title. So how lame would it be to add an option to accept challenge upon next mutual log in? Or something like that?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:59:20 pm by Loria »
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 03:03:37 am »
How many PEACE rooms are even relevant outside of Recall?  The point is that you're only going to go RUTHLESS if you're happy having zero guaranteed safety.  Then you make other arrangements like idling in places you won't be found, wearing disposable equip, accepting the possibilities, whatever.  It would be good to have ways of disguising whether you're idle or not, so that one can never be absolutely certain whether a player won't fight back.  But still, RUTHLESS would be for a certain type of player, and I couldn't see there being many of them.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PK Ruthless (split from Challenges)
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 07:08:08 am »
I guess the person would just have to have a great trigger system set up. Still, I hate the idea of battle spam going on in Recall. :/
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 09:32:11 am »
Yeah, I think room 3001 (Recall point) should be a safe room even if there are no other safe rooms.  The main reason being what Loria pointed out - you don't want to be spamming recall and that is the room that everyone recalls back to newbies and oldbies alike.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 09:36:38 am »
I would think that if PEACE rooms can be worked around then RUTHLESS spam could be given a toggle?

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:01 am »
Or just make the only workaround for recall is an ability than ruthless players can force other ruthless players out of recall at will. Perhaps the challenge system would be required for ruthless players. If you are caught off guard and not ready for combat, maybe you shouldnt have idled at recall.. there's the house (if owned) and or clanhall for that.

Offline Riley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 05:45:18 pm »
Would be nice if clan halls were opened up to everyone.  But by open I mean heavily guarded... so if you really wanted to PK someone they could hide in their clan hall.  And you'd have to ask your other buddies to break into the clan hall to kill them.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 05:48:40 pm »
Agreed, clan halls would be nice to be opened up. Defenses would also be a great gold sink to clear up all this extra gold floating about.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:20 am »
I don't mean to rain on your parade, and I am actually not against this, as long as - (as Kvetch already pointed out) - no battle spam would be allowed in Recall.

Just a simple question to all you eager PKers:

Have you forgotten the times in the past when we actually did make it possible for PKers to force other Pkers out of Recall and kill them while they were AFK or just distracted?
Have you forgotten all the drama and whining from these supposedly 'tough guys', about how unfair it was, and how they lost that special item that couldn't be retrieved, and how they kept pestering the imms to forcibly get it back from whoever had killed them, and how if one imm said no, they went to the next one with the whining?

Because I haven't. And I bet Diandra and some other imms hasn't either.

If this gets implemented, I want a written rule that states that whatever the circumstances, no 'Ruthless' will ever have a single piece of equipment restored by any imm.

You'd be totally on your own.