Author Topic: Donation Pit  (Read 8346 times)

Offline Riley

• View Profile
Donation Pit
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:43:07 pm »
I was just thinking about the Donation Room... Half the time I walk in there it's like completely empty... the other half the time it's full.  And I know it just depends on how much good will players want to give or not give, but think those greedy people that work in the Donation Pit take too much profit for themselves.

So I'm pretty much saying... why don't we get rid of the jerks that clean out the donation pit to actually save gear for the ones that need it instead of running on no gear in the donation pit. But, you are saying we've already tried that and people lag out and can't go into the pit.

The work around to that problem is this.  Let people go about normally donating items to the donation room, but once it reaches its set capacity that won't affect people getting lagged out, and not being able to log back in. They just get a message of  We can not accept your donations at this time, please allow some time for our reserves to be put to use.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Donation Pit
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »
I thought the reason it was empty a lot of the time had to do with the copyover/crashes.  With new code going in, that's happening a lot more lately.  I didn't realize there were people that cleaned out the donation pit.  Don't make me have to put a guard on the door!!  (before anyone thinks I"m serious - I"m not.)

Kvetch

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:05:13 am »
I think the donation pit should be crashed proofed.

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:01:37 pm »
I think the donation pit should be crashed proofed.

agreed
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 02:02:24 pm »
Horrible idea.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:33 am »

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 02:30:05 pm »
Don't forget there is more than one donation pit and I think the code splits where the items go if you donate something :)

And I agree it is a bad idea to make the donation pit crash proof.

Prometheus

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 10:27:43 pm »
I don't like the idea of the donation room being crash proof only because we'd then just have a bunch of junk lying around that no-one wants always sitting in the donation room... rotten eggs, poisonous mushrooms, 'special' mushrooms, and stuff like that.  I admit that currently there's not a lot of stuff, but do you guys really want to go into the donation room and get spammed out because there is no crash cleanup crew?

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:40 pm »
What if items that are inside of corpses that get sacrificed end up in the donation pit randomly? Maybe 1-5% of those items. Then there's also a consistent source of donated items for newbies to either use or sell. Could make it interesting too in figuring out where people seem to be hunting currently.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:13:54 am »
@ once that would be a good idea