Author Topic: Woodsing?  (Read 45697 times)

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Woodsing?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 07:10:57 am »
Alternative you could always store a variable using realtime and compare when a day had passed that way.

That's what the scripts in Sutter already use.

Offline Diandra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »
The 5 fields most west in Old Yorke now have the similar check as the Fort Sutter fields. So if it is working it means they can now be farmed once every 24 hours.

The two remaining fields, the two eastern ones, still have to be adjusted.

Oh and uh, the title of this thread is woodsing, so no idea what's going on with that.  :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:52:01 pm by Diandra »

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 01:06:21 pm »
To get back on topic i went around and woodsung every tree to see if the help tree file matches and only 2 dont match but Ill list the trees and the stats they affect and what they are suppose to affect.

Trees    What they Affect               Suppose to Affect according to help file        
Pine –  Speed                              - Speed
Fir –    Maxmana                          - mana
Elm –   Maxhit                              -Max Hp
Oak –  Speed                              - Speed
Maple – Int                                 - Int
Elder – Manmana                          - Mana
Willow – cha                                - Cha
Ironwood – Max hit                       – Max Hp
Dog – Wis                                   - Wis

So Elm and Ironwood are the only ones that are wrong, personally I think Ironwood should be changed in helpfile to show MaxHit, and Elm should be changed in game to give you MaxHp.

And I really dont think there should be two trees that give the same stat. Fir and Elder give Maxmana and then you have Pine and Oak give Maxspeed.

So I would say lets change Oak to give Con and Im not sure what to change one of the Maxmanas to. I was thinking maybe changing one to str. If we did str Oak is stronger then Fir so I would make Oak str and make the Fir trees give Con.

Ontop of that It would be neat to see trees also get maybe some type of small random attribute and even the possibility increase element types. Make you do more damage with fire or electric etc.

Or Just make every tree be random is an idea too.

Then I think there should be of a range on the Multis to. Every tree I woodsung had a Multi of 2.15, Orbs are 1.44, and Major Focus (at least the elephant pike is 4.3). Maybe have a range on trees from 2.15 to 5 and Orbs 1.44 - 2.14.

The reason I bring up trees going past 4.3 is because everyone seems to know where to get the elephant pike from. I honestly think the timer should be reduced on the elephant pike and or the multi. Then raise the chances of getting a major focus from trees a little more. Leave the multi of 5 at the rate at which we get the major focus from trees now which is what .5% I think prom said earlier. The elephant pike with how long it lasts and how much easier it is to get then a major from woodsinging makes woodsing pointless atm.

Also how big of a role is cha in woodsinging? There should be a cutoff of cha where it doesnt help anymore, and have it somewhere more in the range of what a standard gypsy would have wearing rogue gear.

Also seemed the trees all where closely around 12 real days on the timers, Too be honest Im not sure of the time of a Elephant Pike but its too long.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:08:42 pm by Bane »

Offline Tor

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »
Re: Elephant Pike Timer

The best I remember the pike timer was about six real life days. It seems to have gotten harder to obtain, as the last time I tried to get one I killed 6 of the mobs and none of them dropped a pike. The first 3 were killed while I had a pike but didn't have the time to go for another that day. (My manager wouldn't accept needing to keep playing a game as a reason for not reporting to work.) The timer on the pike expired before I could log back on and I purchased a good staff to use. This isn't an easy task for me as killing 3 of them nearly depletes my mana and each one takes quite a while and frequently requires my dying and recovery. (I'm sure others can do it much easier and faster.) It takes about 3 real life hours of maintaining meditation and sleeping in a healing room to replenish my mana for another go at them.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 07:56:22 pm »
Bout time you got your ass back Tor. Now get in the game. Chop chop

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 08:44:16 pm »
Isn't Maxhit and Max HP the same thing?  :-\

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 08:51:56 pm »
I don't know, but maxhit should affect your ability to hit something and max HP should affect your hitpoints.  Not sure if they're the same or different right now.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 09:47:52 pm »
I'm pretty sure the max hit are actually hit points. The code might not be clear on it. But max hit is hit points not hitroll.

Prometheus

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 09:50:53 pm »
Yeah maxhit has always been shorthand for maxhitpoints or maxhp. Hitroll is just hitroll, and it's a shit stat anyway.

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 04:01:45 am »
I know I'm replying to a month-old post buuuuut

Looking at the script it looks like it's been made to work that way because it starts off like this:
if %actor.is_pc%
  context %actor.id%
  eval today %now% / %realday%

and ends with this:
  else
    %send% %actor% You've already plowed this field today, try again tomorrow!
  endif

As to whther or not it works, I don't know...  someone would have to actually try it that has time.

Does this really work?  I remember I did a once-a-day script on Aeon for Once and it was a teeny bit more complicated than that

(Goddamnit I'm not back yet)
aka graham

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 06:32:37 am »
AH oops my mistake. I guess I should of checked. ;/.

Other then that I still like to discuss the other points I made.

1. Reducing the timer or multi on Elephant Pike.

2. Adding Elemental bonuses to Staves.

3. Do we want multiple trees to give the same affects.

4. Randomizing the multis on orbs and staves.

5. How big is a role of cha? Make a cutoff that makes more sense for what a gypsy would have.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 09:55:27 pm »
I know I'm replying to a month-old post buuuuut

Looking at the script it looks like it's been made to work that way because it starts off like this:
if %actor.is_pc%
  context %actor.id%
  eval today %now% / %realday%

and ends with this:
  else
    %send% %actor% You've already plowed this field today, try again tomorrow!
  endif

As to whther or not it works, I don't know...  someone would have to actually try it that has time.

Does this really work?  I remember I did a once-a-day script on Aeon for Once and it was a teeny bit more complicated than that

(Goddamnit I'm not back yet)

Ther was a lot more to the script than that, but I edited only the relative info which seemed to be setting the realday/realtime to the player and if they tried to plow again in that day then it told them they'd already done it.  But like I said, Ida know if it works.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2011, 04:53:00 am »
@tor there's items around 4d that help with mana regen. Actually I believe there's one right in old yorke in the store.

They make quite a bit of difference when restoring mana and moves in a resting area.