Author Topic: I'm back.  (Read 13913 times)

Offline Once

• View Profile
I'm back.
« on: October 14, 2011, 11:15:39 am »
And it's time to kick some ass. Let's get shit rolling people. 8 remorts. Interesting skill trees. What else can we do that'd make the game awesome?

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm back.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »
You left?

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:16 pm »
I don't think there's any shortage of ideas on this forum.

I would like a stamina_regen stat though, and a limit of three artifacts you can wear at one time, and for detector:high to cost no less than 1000TP.  With those three things we can get some new artis in the game.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:26:31 am »
And when I say stamina_regen I mean under OEDIT, so it can be put on equipment.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:42:55 am »
Great!
Then maybe you could please fix the maps that I've been nagging about for months?

I'm getting frustrated, because I cannot work with them in a rational way, and because this is not only the main feature of KaVir's client app, the in-game mapsd are totally screwed as well).

And, unlike skilltrees and other complex things, I do believe this would be a relatively simple fix.

I'll repeat what needs to be done with the maps below:

1. The Ordinary maps seem to lack some basic info, since they show up the wrong symbols
   on the maps, compared to the sector of the room.
   Probably this has to do with not all new sectors yet being added to their code.
   For instance sector SWAMP shows up as CITY on the map, and so does ROAD. RAIL, SNOW and
   ICE show up as FIELD, and most likely other symbols are screwed too.

BOTH the in-game maps and the graphic ones on the sidewindow of the client have this
   problem with symbols that don't match the sector on the Ordinary maps.
   The Legend on the maps looks correct though, except that it lacks the last 6 sectors.

2. The Wilderness Map also lacks the last two sectors in the Legend, BADLANDS and RAIL.
   These sector symbols work on the in-game Wilderness map though, It's just on the
   legend that they are missing.
   And the graphic Wilderness maps on the side-window of the client look fine too.

3. For some reason Sector FOREST and Sector CITY in the Wilderness maps only show one
   room in each direction from where the player stands.
   I'd like BOTH these restrictions to be removed, so that FOREST and CITY work like
   the other sectors. That would make the maps look a lot better.

4. In the in-game wilderness maps rooms with one-way exits are shown as magenta-coloured
   ?, while rooms that you cannot walk into are shown as X.
   This just tends to make the maps more confusing, and I'd like both those symbols replaced
   with a blank, (as is already the case in the Client maps).

5. Some player suggested that we add a sector for Deathtrap. I think that is a good idea,
   but rather than adding a new sector, I want to re-cycle TUNDRA, which to my knowledge
   isn't used in any zone. So instead of TUNDRA, we introduce a bright red D for DEATHTRAP.
   (Prometeus has fixed this already).

6. While we are already meddling with the map code, I'd also like to take the opportunity
   of replacing some of the symbols in the in-game maps, to something that makes the maps
   look better IMO.
  (Prometeus is already working on the symbols but has declared that he needs help with the rest.)

7. Finally I want the hyphen between the symbol and the sector in the Legends replaced
   with a blank.

Offline Tor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 02:11:29 pm »
I still question the detector:high costing that much... Unless you've already know where it is dropped in the zone, it is still difficult to locate the arti, giving the zone one has loaded in promotes more people to explore said zones. Some of the people that know where the artis drop check them regularly anyway, no exploring needed. Keeping the cost low allows more people to be excited about the items and perhaps increases the number of active players. Isn't that the idea behind the detector anyway? It's not like the detector says go preform such and such quest for nimrod, or kill so and so. According to the web site 1000 tp has the value of 2 silver tokens.

If my "bringer of instant death" just timed out, wouldn't  I be waiting for it to load again, trying grab another before anyone else had a chance? The low setting would give me a a good clue at no cost as to when I needed to leave recall to get it.

At elevated cost, a group, working concertedly, could easily keep one player funded with trade points, that player stay on line, monitoring arti loads and inform the rest of the group. An independent player, (with the exception of the ubers) on the other hand could have a hard time not depleting their trade points, were they online enough to see multiple arti loads in a day.

*shrug* Just my two cents worth.

Offline Tor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 04:33:19 pm »
Re: Stamina_regen stat

Has the decision to change how stamina operates been finalized? The last I saw it was just under discussion in another thread.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:19 pm »
I'm talking about new artifacts, which no one at the moment knows the locations of.

They will not have timers, so if you find one you will have it until you give it up.

If detector:high is this cheap they will all be uncovered in two weeks, entirely defeating the purpose of making new ones and undermining the effort that's been put into making them.

At a cost of 1000TP, a good player would hopefully have to put more than negligible effort into getting the zone of the next artifact that loads, which makes it about 100x easier to find it and with new, untimed artifacts floating about would be extremely valuable information.

It would also create a lot more activity than the present: 5min Punt run, sit at Recall for the next 10 artifacts.

1000TP is the absolute minimum necessary if we want these artis to be more than a 'fun two-week event'.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:13:23 pm by Jaros »

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 06:20:10 pm »
*shrug* Just my two cents worth.

Don't belittle your contributions  ;)

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 06:51:24 pm »
Don't  neglect to remember lower level players. This shouldn't just be a system for people who have played for years. I think your idea of balance here Jaros would cut out 80% of the playerbase from actually using it.

That said, we do need some far reaching cool goals for Tradepoints.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 12:55:52 am »
In that case can we have an option for detector-OFF please?  I find it spammy.

Offline mireille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 05:50:44 pm »
can we also have a jaros-off option as well?  >:(

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 07:20:14 pm »
 :'(

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:53 pm »
In that case can we have an option for detector-OFF please?  I find it spammy.

Done. Will be in next patch.