Author Topic: Timers on tinker, poison weapons, artifacts and staffs  (Read 11049 times)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Timers on tinker, poison weapons, artifacts and staffs
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:57:23 am »
Estidn just asked if those timers could be longer, since we changed the code so that they run when the players are off line too.

It sounds like a valid request to me, so could the coders please see to it?
I think 1 week could be reasonable, possibly 2.

Opinions on the time, anyone?

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Timers on tinker, poison weapons, artifacts and staffs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:11:18 pm »
Staffs currently seem to last WAY longer than a week or two.

Offline Estidn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:47:23 pm »
Thanks for posting this for me Molly lost the net last night and was just logging on to post it.
Esti

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:42:04 am »
When Mord and I first discussed the online/offline timer idea, we agreed that they would be seperate flags, and that offline timers would be a heck of a lot longer than online timers. I think all he got round to coding was the timers working offline aswell, so yes.. There does need to be more coding done.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:19:33 am »
On Tinker I have an email to the other coders on this. I'm thinking about making it 6 to 9k mud hours. I haven't looked a poison yet. Right now Staves are about 17k mud hours and I don't think that needs to be changed.

Prometheus.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:34:19 am »
I think all the timers should be alike, including poison weapon, tinker, staffs and artifacts, (and any others I might have forgotten). And since they run off line now, they need to be considerably longer than before. I'm told nobody uses tinker and poison weapon any more, since the change

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 09:29:15 am »
Just poisoned a divinely crafted longsword with 10 step poison, timer was for 140 minutes. That's like way less than the thin needle.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 03:03:20 pm »
Artifacts were meant to have offline timers so people couldn't hoard them, the rest were just meant to have normal timers that didn't run offline.

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 01:05:21 am »
Okay Tinker is about 7200 mud hours at least with Fiachra. Poison weapons should be about 6000 + characteR_level. This might get changed at some point but that is what it is right now. If the poison weapon turns out to be too powerful I will lower the timer but that will be played by ear.

Prometheus.

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 07:23:53 am »
Both Tinker and poison timers are about the same now. I'm still working where the Artifact timers are in the code.

Prometheus.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 07:46:34 pm »
I definitely could see timers being increased on all of them.

I also still vote that artifacts be changed. If we are talking about the 'fairness factor' and that is the reason all perzes are going to be gone through and made their current stats. Then you also have to look at that in regards to timers on artifacts. I believe that all perzes of artifacts should have timers. OR timers are gotten rid of on artifacts and posibly work out new load locations, different stats (since they were changed in this port and pretty messed up, many ruined). In old port, sure they were hoarded, and without timers, sure they will be again, that's inevitable. But there will be a market again for them. That will help also help further the economy as well in my opinion.

Along the lines of this I'd say that any people that have older perzes of items on the unperzable list shouldn't have them and be given the one free perz in exchange, OR the item be taken off the items not to be perzed list. Because once again, this goes against the 'fairnes factor'.  Also that list is 4 years old, and a bit outdated in my opinion. So should most certainly be looked at.
That's just my take on artifacts
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 08:16:31 pm »
That list has been being looked at quite a bit recently. The goal is for most one-time quests with equipment as the prize to be made repeatable, and for items with two wear slots to be scripted so that you can still only wear one of the item. In the end this will make it so having a perzed ring will not let you wear the perzed one and the new one and just one or the other. When this becomes the case for the items most of them will become perzable.

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 08:34:07 pm »
Remember there may be some players or perzes out there of mining equipment and perhaps other eq with special scripts that are the reason why they were added to the list. In the end, I'd think anything on the list shouldn't have any perzes of it anywhere.
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Prometheus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 05:14:06 am »
Talked to Fizban and he said Artifact timers are set via builder. I looked through the code for Artifact timers and didn't have any luck. Unless someone knows this to be different. Right now tinker / poison are the same time around 7000 mud hours.

Prometheus.