Author Topic: Chat Capture for Mushclient and the New Graphical Client  (Read 31925 times)

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chat Capture for Mushclient and the New Graphical Client
« on: December 13, 2011, 04:12:23 am »
First off I do no take full credit, I just easily edited the triggers to get this to work for 4d.

This captures tells, gossips, ctell, and gtells and puts them into a moveable, sizable and scrollable window. To use this feature follow along

1. Download the plugin from here https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzfkW0nGO36MOWMzZDNiNDMtNWYxZS00NjhkLTk0MGUtMTc3MTNjY2JmYWUx

2. Save the file to your mushclient location in Muschlient/Worlds/Plugins
(Just like Kavirs)

3. Open up Mushclient and login to 4d.

4. Once logged in. Go to File > World Properties or (alt + enter)

5.  Under appearance drop down go to triggers and check mark the Enable Triggers

6. Go to File > Plugins > Add

7. Locate Chat_Capture_Miniwindow and select it

8. Enjoy and report any errors back to me.

In the future Ill be adding tabs for separating the different chats into channels and an equipment page and inventory if doable :)

Credits go to

<!-- Bits of this plugin and ideas were borrowed and remixed from the MUSHclient community.

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9385 and others. -->
<!-- Modifications for Aardwolf and extra awesome sauce added by Fiendish with help from Orogan -->
<!-- Adapated by Nick Gammon for Smaug and similar MUDs -->
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:15:01 am by Bane »

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chat Capture for Mushclient and the New Graphical Client
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:46:10 am »
Thanks a heap for adding this, Bane. :)

I'm glad that someone takes interest in the client and helps developing it, since it really adds to the game, and I think especially players that are new to textmuds would benefit from using it.

I managed to download and install the chatwindow without problems on your instructions, and it's a neat thing to have.
Would be even better if we could add tabs to switch between different windows of course.

I've got one question however:
Is it possible to change the size and form of the window, and the size of the text?
At present it's a very long window, and the text is much smaller than the one in the main window, so it's a bit hard to read.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:53:00 am »
You can change the size of the box on the bottom left hand corner. Just click and drag to the size you wish.

For the text just right click inside the chat box and select change font.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:34 am »
Thanks, Bane that worked perfect. :)

Stupid me, I kept looking for ways to change the font in the main menu.
I'm generally awful with all technical things, and also not used to clients, since I generally just use the shell.

In a way that could be turned to an advantage. If the instructions for this app and its additions can be made easy enough for a computer idiot like me to understand, a total newbie to textmuds would probably be able to use them too.

It would be great if you would add a capture for wiztalk as well. Since not many have it, it wouldn't add to the general spam, and it's actually a thing that we generally miss.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:38:05 am »
Nm on working wizchat.. Its having an issue when you connect spams it because of the Cyan text when logging in.

Just cause the way wiztalk works. This is just a trigger that fires off on certain text. and the way Wizchat is with

Name: text

it kinda makes it a tad hard to do with out it catching extra lines in game and spamming the box.

Might just be easier for me to add all the wiz names to the trigger :P for now. :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:16:53 am by Bane »

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 08:26:21 am »
Maybe better to drop it.
After all, wiztalk is not supposed to be monitored by everyone, so if there is any risk of that, I'd say leave it be.