Author Topic: Artifacts...  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
Artifacts...
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:58 am »
Back in the day, prior to our switch to the current format, one of the things that made this mud fun for me was Artifacts and trying to collect all Artifacts in the game.  Whether it was attempting to farm a high end mob to get one to pop or checking the secret loading places over and over and over, it added another element to the game.  With the timers on artifacts now, the amount of time spent obtaining an artifact does not necessarily equate to the amount of time you actually get to use said artifact.  A frustrating scenario, especially if you were to get something like assembling the super weapon/armor.  I would propose making the following changes to these items;

Remove the Timer
Remove the Max Loan Rate
Decrease the % they are loaded - basically a drop to offset the removal of a max load

Doing this would add back an element into the game of trying to take down larger mobs to force a pop of a nice item.  This would provide people with a nice step between normal eq and the high end quest items as well.  Unfortunately i dont know if the 3 above are feasible, its been probably 10 years since ive had a builder.  Let me know what you guys think...

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Artifacts...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »
Good post.

you still owe me mandalorian armor zsijn

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:00:35 am »
Artifacts are being actively worked on by Once and his team, and a code change is coming pretty soon.

Maybe not exactly what Zsijn is asking for, but something that's tied into the plans of making Clans more competitive.

Also, thank to the work put down by Jaros in the Build Port, we'll soon have some brand new artifacts, in the first time of what? - eight years?

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:44 pm »
awesome on new artis....once also mentioned he had a change coming that hed like to evaluate before considering mine....

Virisin....Mandalorian armor is loaded ATM go kill boba

also it looks like the artifact notification does not occur outside of medival

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:45:26 pm »
any updates on this?

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:35 am »
The new artis are finished, but not reset in the game yet. I am working on that part, meaning new mobs, some new hidden containers, and possibly also a couple of scripts, that probably Once needs to help out with, since they have to be adapted to the artifact code somehow..

I've been a bit preoccupied in RL lately, so it's taking me some time, but I'll get finished eventually.

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 07:18:39 pm »
Back in the day, prior to our switch to the current format, one of the things that made this mud fun for me was Artifacts and trying to collect all Artifacts in the game.  Whether it was attempting to farm a high end mob to get one to pop or checking the secret loading places over and over and over, it added another element to the game.  With the timers on artifacts now, the amount of time spent obtaining an artifact does not necessarily equate to the amount of time you actually get to use said artifact.  A frustrating scenario, especially if you were to get something like assembling the super weapon/armor.  I would propose making the following changes to these items;

Remove the Timer
Remove the Max Loan Rate
Decrease the % they are loaded - basically a drop to offset the removal of a max load

Doing this would add back an element into the game of trying to take down larger mobs to force a pop of a nice item.  This would provide people with a nice step between normal eq and the high end quest items as well.  Unfortunately i dont know if the 3 above are feasible, its been probably 10 years since ive had a builder.  Let me know what you guys think...

bringing this post back with a few modifications given the new structure and making a few modifications.  Given how a lot of them load rarely and take forever to force pop seems silly to have the timer,

*REMOVE THE TIMER
*Quadruple the max loads
*leave load % as is
*flag them so they cannot be left in player houses ie like keys...THIS ITEM IS TOO VALUABLE to be here...allow them to be put in the clan safe box only...this would prevent the trophy takers like back in the day or leave them open to being stolen by other clans or force players to carry them
*implement some type of system to sell artis for tokens or some other form of reward for farming out or attempting to force load artis
*allow artis to be perzed again

basically make it worthwhile to get artis for those that like to arti hunt and make it tough to horde them as we used to in the past.

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 08:53:07 pm »
Those bullets have pretty much been the goal for a while.  I think we're getting there.

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 01:54:24 pm »
can we at least extend the timers a bit?  right now they are way to short

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 05:54:20 am »
yes no maybe?

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:58 am »
Oh so Jaros, the new artifacts in game were your creation? cool!! I noticed there are no timers on them. At first i thought it as an oversight but I can see by this thread that it was purposefully done. I am excited to see how this affects game play in the mud.
I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 12:47:17 am »
Actually they are supposed to have timers like the rest of them. There is also supposed to be "arti-save" rooms in all Clanhalls, where the timers stop ticking down. This will prevent hoarding and promote sharing with clannies, hopefully.

But the new artifact code isn't quite finished yet. Hopefully it will be soon, since Once seems to be back doing some job on the code.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 06:23:55 pm »
Do we still want to keep this topic sticky since it hasn't been posted too for a long time?

Prometheus