Author Topic: Bugs.  (Read 26743 times)

Offline Xeriuth

• Global Moderator
  • Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 07:29:31 pm »
Fixing retreat from snare, and not trap aware in the middle of KOTM was a bad idea. Kind of ruined the entire purpose of trap aware.
I personally thought it worked fine. Retreat instead of retreating out of the room, simply retreated you from combat, and you are still snared (therefore didnt move)... at this point you could then walk east north west or south  and trap aware would kick in.  With that, the benefit of having trap aware is there.

I just feel one thing shouldn't have only been fixed without fixing the other in turn. It could have been fixed at least, just not applied to the game.
That's only my take on that issue.
Snazzy Signature Block Goes Here

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 01:35:18 am »
I agree with you there Xeri.. I thought it was kinda funny that that change was made during KOTM, cause I wasn't part of it. But if I was part of it, I would have been kinda annoyed things changed half way through. But now, I'm happy it's just been changed. Because the bugs been around for ever.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 05:11:54 am »
Hehe it is called going mad coding :) And you want to blame someone blame Erwin he is the one who pointed it out and helped me to debug it. Also poison weapon and tinker won't work together. The tinker code looked for poison but the poison item code didn't check for tinker.

Prometheus.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 07:12:08 am »
Nod, I'm to blame for it. Was hoping that trap aware could be fixed by KOTM so that I could actually flee combat when snared. But, still, kudos to Prom for fixing that terrible bug:)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 07:17:36 am by erwin »

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 04:00:29 am »
Another thing for you to update, Viri..

Some segmented mobs are able to be pushed, when pushed out of the room, they are literally invisible.

As in, you can see them with "look <direction>", but they are not listed in the room. "Look <mobname>" shows them though.

Perhaps a check to make them !push, or something to make them visible when pushed?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 04:03:14 am »
Segmented mobs are strange like that, if you attack one, and flee. The segment will follow you and nothing else will.. That's kinda a strategy to kill Voltron..  :P I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.. What are segmented mobs meant to do? Stick with the mob?

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 04:04:24 am »
I'm not sure, but perhaps they should at least be visible? Think of people getting gobbled up in Outer Space by invisible lions..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:07:32 am by erwin »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 04:07:34 am »
Could do yeah.. While the mob is all joined in one room it's logical you'd only see the whole thing.. But if they were seperated then you should probly be able to see the individual segments..

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 01:19:47 pm »
I've always used segemented mobs to be parts of the whole - it gives the mob more attacks.  For example, an eight legged spider should not get only one attack - which is why the spider in NDR 2 is segmented (multiple legs for multiple fun).  Though I'm glad to have read about that "bug" becuase now I know a fix I need to make on other segmented mobs I've done and ones I plan on in the future. 

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 01:18:33 am »
Segmented mobs should definitely stay in the same room, it doesn't make sense that bodyparts can be pushed out, or follow you to another room, - (unless possibly if they are snake heads on long necks, like Scylla and the Hydra). They also shouldn't follow when shot at.

I think this is something that should be set in the code and not left to the Builders, it's too easy to miss.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 04:40:27 am »
Erwin brought up poison not targeting players. Right now it looks like the code won't work on players. I think it used to work at one point but maybe Mord changed it since I remember the Cardinal being poisoned for an item. I will defer to Mord on this. But since thieves can poison weapons.......

Prometheus.

Offline erwin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 10:09:05 am »
Segmented mobs should definitely stay in the same room, it doesn't make sense that bodyparts can be pushed out, or follow you to another room, - (unless possibly if they are snake heads on long necks, like Scylla and the Hydra). They also shouldn't follow when shot at.

I think this is something that should be set in the code and not left to the Builders, it's too easy to miss.

Nod, but there are other segmented mobs that aren't really bodyparts at all. Eg, group of sharks in Aegean Ocean, Michael and his guards in Midlands.

Offline Estidn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 02:12:42 am »
Poison one segment they all get poisoned? I mean if i used ten step poison and Scylla shouldnt the rest of him feel it? Oh wait poison probably doesn't work on him *cough*

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 03:23:47 am »
Ice shield is bugged. When the script kicks in it tells me that I've been frozen, rather than the other person, and nothing affects either of us anyway..

Offline Fizban

• Maniacal Scroder!
  • Administrator
  • Fizban, the Mangy Wizard
    • MSN Messenger - Fizban1216@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Fizban1216
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 08:12:18 am »
Poison one segment they all get poisoned? I mean if i used ten step poison and Scylla shouldnt the rest of him feel it? Oh wait poison probably doesn't work on him *cough*

Makes sense in "some" cases, then there's the poison one shark and they shouldn't all be poisoned scenario.