Author Topic: Bounty System  (Read 15959 times)

Offline Once

• View Profile
Bounty System
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:34:26 am »
Graham had the idea of a bounty system that lets you put a cash or token bounty on a PKer, and other people can collect when they successfully PK that person. Thoughts?

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
Re: Bounty System
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:17:43 pm »
Not too keen on it if it means a nonpker can put a bounty up. If they want tou dead, then they need to get the pk flag. As for OTHER pkers being able to put up boutnies, that'd be fun. Needs a command for anyone to see what the current bounty for whom is, duration maybe, and the reward.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:57:51 pm »
I somewhat agree with toch, nonpks shouldn't be allowed to put up a bounty up with 0 risk involved.

Offline Kvetch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »
I like it as another angle to the PK thing.  I agree that a non-pker shouldn't be able to put a bounty on a pker (but that won't stop them from asking their friendly neighborhod pk friend bob to do it for them - too bad it's bob that's going to get the hurt for it).  My only concern if this would up the recall squatting?  "Oh no, I've a bounty out on me.. let me just sit at recall until it's over"  Also, would this be able to save over logout or could the person with a bounty on them log out to get their name off it?  Of course, that's all questions for a coder... wherever do we find on(c)e?  ;)

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:54 pm »
I'm gonna let my clannies kill me and collect all the bounties with teamwork.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 04:47:56 am »
bounties can only be claimed by players from another clan. U risk letting your alt being known u collected a free bounty then u risk that alt being removed from the clan and being known.

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:45:42 pm »
I'm not sure yet if I think it would be a bad idea for non-PKs to be able to put bounties on PK heads.. I don't really see why it would be at this stage.

But otherwise that's a reasonably good solution to my initial worry.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:31:35 pm »
I agree with Kvetch. Non-Pks should have to go through pks just for the fact they have no worry about any type of retaliation. This way the person who they go through has to weigh the risk and the reward.

Idea to allow NON PKs to get involved
To get around that issue we could also reintroduce an old idea of also being able to hire an assassin mob to hunt down your enemies. Either make is so you can send it hunt any player regardless of having Pk flag or not, or make it so if a non pvp players hires one, it flags them for a week.  While they're flagged it allows them to be the target of assassin mobs. If the assassin succeeds, then you would be rewarded with that players scalp.

Additional Terms
You could also maybe pay more to have it take a random item. If they take a random item maybe they get flagged with killer, thief,  or a new type of flag for x amount of mud hours and the timer only tics while they are online. Which thus enables them to be the target of pks while the flag is enabled.

But in the end i think the following is at least needed regardless of the route we go:

• [Non pks need to have to either not be able to make bounties or hire assassins without going through a pk or have some type of risk involved for them hiring  an assassin or making an bounty.'
  • There should also maybe be a remort requirement before you can hire or make bounties to avoid people making secret characters just to hire or make a bounty.

• You can only set a bounty or hire an assassin against any one person 1-2 times per month to avoid harassing a player.

Just my thoughts

-Bane

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:50:41 pm by Bane »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:33 pm »
Pretty sure you can still hire the Assassin?

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 09:02:41 pm »
Huh? We have an assassin?

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:09 pm »
Mhm.

Offline Bane

• Coder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 12:16:18 am »
More detail? Mob must of been added while i was gone. Cause no one else knows about it..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:17:52 am by Bane »

Offline Virisin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 01:02:35 am »
It's been around for years, I'll check if it's still in.

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 01:57:40 am »

You gossip, 'anyway, I think here's a neat little solution.  A bounty can only be claimed if a hunter first accepts the bounty, thereby making it public knowledge, and maybe even costing a little money'

You gossip, 'when fulfilling a bounty from a non-pk bounty, it acts like an arena kill, no corpse is left behind'

Bane gossips, 'I was actually under the impression it would be public knowledge of who accepts the bounty.'

You gossip, 'when fulfilling a bounty from a pk bounty, it acts like a normal kill'

Bane gossips, 'Mollys not gonna allow non pks to be killed.'

Bane gossips, 'Unless they do soemthing to put themself in that situation I don't think.'

You gossip, 'non-pks are not gonna get killed'

Bane gossips, 'I misunderstood then'

You gossip, 'I'm saying a bounty put up by a non-pk'

Bane gossips, 'Ah, I understand'

You gossip, 'ie a bounty put up by graham on tamyrlin'

Bane gossips, 'Corpse acts like a arena kill'

Bane gossips, 'Gotcha'

Bane gossips, 'If I kill tamyrlin corpse would be open for me to loot.'

You gossip, 'if bane first accepts the bounty, then he can go hunt tamy.  Upon the kill, he gets to cash in, but does not get to loot tamy'

Bane gossips, 'Oh'

You gossip, 'but if.. virisin put up the bounty on tamyrlin'

You gossip, 'that's a normal bounty.  if you accept the bounty, then kill tamy, you get the option to loot/junk her corpse like a regular PK, AND get to cash in'

You gossip, 'and no, non-pks will not get to attack pks with this system, lets make it clear'

Solinar gossips, 'im anti-junking'

You gossip, 'bounties will only be fulfillable by pks'

You gossip, 'and only pks can be bountied'

Bane gossips, 'And you cant claim the bounty from someone thats in your own clan.'

You gossip, 'sure sure, if that makes you horny :P'

Bane gossips, 'You would have to otherwise, I would let someone kill me and split the bounty.'

Bane gossips, 'Hey asmoday kill me and lets cash in on this bounty'

You gossip, 'well it wasn't really a serious idea from me at first, but since you're trying to shape it into one, we may as well lol'

You gossip, 'ok lemme copy this chat onto the thread'

Bane gossips, 'I also liked to see it so you one person can only bounty the same person once or twice in a certain time frame.'

Bane gossips, 'To limit harassment.'

Bane gossips, 'And solinar junking pretty rare on here..'

Bane gossips, 'Horus doesnt count.'

You gossip, 'yeah a limit would be good'

Thoughts?
aka graham

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 06:44:19 am »
Sounds like fun, but make sure you cover all the bases. :)

If anything, history has taught me that if there is a 1% chance that a feature can be abused, someone WILL abuse it, sooner or later.
And given the nature of this feature, it can easily turn into harassment.

I definitely don't want any non-PK players quitting the game over this.

As for the PKs, I guess they already made the choice and are fine with it. If not, they can always pay to get the PK flag removed.