Author Topic: Artifacts and artisave rooms  (Read 8972 times)

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Artifacts and artisave rooms
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:59:27 am »
I've already posted a note about this in the gameport, but will post it hear too, for questions and further references.:

New artifacts and new code
20 new artifacts will be added to the game, and some of the old ones will be relocated.
Possibly the stats on some of the old ones will also be changed.
Thanks to Jaros for helping with the work. :)

The new artifact code is currently tested in Once's port. I assume he'll want some help from the players, when it comes to the timers and the artifact detectors.

Timers and Clan Artisave rooms
All artifacts have a timer and this will remain. Part of the concept is that the timer will stop counting down, as long as the item is kept in certain rooms, which have the new flag ARTISAVE.

Each Clan will be allowed one such room, to encourage sharing of the artifacts between clannies.
The Clans can choose which room to flag, and they will also get one undisplayed container to put the artis in.
Since this will be part of the defences when Clan Halls eventually will be opened, you are adviced to choose the location well.
How secret it remains depends on the loyalty and silence of your Clan members, and how well you conceal the container.
(See below for rules).

Mail or note your choice of room, and details about the container to Molly. (If the chosen room doesn't have a unique name, you'll have to ask an imm to tell you the vnum first).
The sooner you respond, the sooner you'll get your Artisave room.
There is also a deadline for the choice. If I don't hear from you before June 30th, I'll choose the location myself, and then you'll have to figure out yourselves where I put it. :P

Cost for artisave room and hidden container
The Flag and container will be free of charge the first time.
If you want to move the flag to another room later, or change the alias of the container, each of these changes will cost one silver.
The chosen room can NOT be a crashproof house. Nor can it be a no-exit room that is not accessable for no-clannies. (Examples:The Sicilian Executer's room, The Saints' Pleasure Pit and the Dark Jedi Prison cell)

Rules for concealing the container
According to our building rules, there must be a hint in any of the room descs, mentioning the alias of the concealed object. The hint can be made in one or several steps.
You are free to use behind/above/under descs, as long as they too are related to an existing noun in the main descs.
(For instance, if the room desc mentions a safe, you can put the hint in the 'look behind/above/under safe' desc).

Example1:
Sentence somewhere in the Room desc: A large safe stands against the west wall.
The safe is an undisplayed container, which doesn't show up as an object on the room.

Example2:
Sentence somewhere in the Room desc: A large safe stands against the west wall.
Look behind safe: A small compartment is concealed in the wall behind the safe.
The compartment is an undisplayed container, which doesn't show up as an object on the room.

Example3:
Sentence somewhere in the Room desc: The floors are covered by thick, expensive carpets.
Look under carpet: A small cache is concealed under the carpet.
The cache is an undisplayed container, which doesn't show up as an object on the room.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:55:26 am by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Artisave rooms outside the Clanhalls
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:11:20 am »
One idea that I have been toying with is to make some Artisave rooms outside the Clanhalls too, for instance 4 in each Dimension.

This way, if a player manages to locate such a room and is of an egotistic disposition, he/she can use it to store their artifacts while logged out, and thus keep them longer. However, anyone else that detects the room can of course nick their stuff.

These rooms would have to be marked in some way, either by a sentence added to the room desc, or an echo when you enter the room. Unlike the Artisave rooms in the Clanhalls, which by nature should be as discreet as possible, the function of a commonly accessible Artisave room must be reasonably clear to anyone that enters it. They would however be located in remote places that aren't routinely visited by everybody that passes through the zone.

Thoughts, anyone?

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Artifacts and artisave rooms
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:31:03 am »
I'm excited about this  :D

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:43:05 am »
I am also removing the Melt-on-Drop Flag that many artifacts had, since it doesn't exactly encourage sharing.
Please let me know if I missed any, and I'll restore the item.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is happening with the artifacts?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:54:54 am »
So, is anything happening with the code for artifacts and Artisave rooms?

I've delayed putting most of the new artifacs in, until I know the code is working as it should. Only 5 of them are presently in the game. 
But since I haven't heard anything about it at all, for a rather long time, I'm starting to suspect that it has dropped into oblivion, like so many other unfinished changes.

I've also only heard from one of the Clans about their preferred location for their Artisave room. That means, that since the deadline ran out 3 days ago, the rest of them now lost the option to choose the location for themself.
However, I'll be magnanimous and expand the deadline to August 1st - it is after all "summer slack".

Just remember, if you fail to choose a room in time once more, I'll do the choosing myself, and you might have problems finding it and making use of it, since I won't tell you were I put it. :P

Providing of course this feature ever gets implemented.
So, what's happening with it, Once?

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 09:33:14 am »
dear Molly,

Please put one in the first room for that Vikings.  In all bold red capital flashing letters that reads BIG BOX OF ARTIFACTS TAKE ONE!!!!.

Thanks,
Z

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:59 pm »
can we update arti weapons to be better than 10d10?  something that makes them worth trying to force pop?