Author Topic: backstab  (Read 9437 times)

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
backstab
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »
instead of it having do relatively flat line of damage...different factors should change damage....ie minor bonus if they dont have detects and your sneak/hiding.....mid-major bonus if they are blind....major bonus if they are sleeping....makes sense right?

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: backstab
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:53 am »
makes a lot of sense.

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:48:39 pm »
Could make blackjack and blind somewhat useful too. Wonder how this would balance with the other classes?

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:42:26 am »
Can we make object applies such as spell defences (20-24) and health, mana and move regen worth something too?
Or are they already useful?
If so, in what way?

I know these are not used much on objects, but that is because nobody seems to know if they actually do something.

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:52:43 am »
I think the spell defenses are left over from the base circle mud. In the code you see your usual saving throws but I don't think we really use them in our version of the code. They might have been used at one point. I'm not that much of an oldbie to know for sure.

I do think if you are sneaking and hiding you should get a bonus but if the mob has sense life you should get a lower modifier because of it. Or we could have backstab have different affects ie like staggering / confused which reduce armor / ability / etc.

That is what I am planning to do with slit and thrust add affects to them hopefully.

Prometheus
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:27:00 am by Prometheus »

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »
should also fix the problem with not being able to backstab blackjacked/sleeping pc/mob. Unless that was corrected already. I remember it being a problem in the past.
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:36 am »
You can back stab a sleeping mob. I just used blackjack on a mob and I had no issues with backstabbing it.

Prom

Offline Tocharaeh

• View Profile
    • 4Dimensions on Facebook!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:56 pm »
You can't vs. a player last time I tried......or was it sweet dreams? Anyway, I remember complaining about it a long time ago. All I got was an "Oh well, find another way."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:37:01 pm by Tocharaeh »
-Tocharaeh D'Araesth
The Dirty Ol'' Drow that time left behind in fear of obliteration!

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:49 pm »
You can backstab a sleeping player after blackjack or sweet dreams.

Can we make object applies such as spell defences (20-24) and health, mana and move regen worth something too?

Apparently spell defenses do help your saving throws but as far as I know they've always been pretty negligible.  Maybe someone could pull up the equations and we can have a gander?

Regen could easily be made more significant with some multipliers.  Mana/move draining/buffing skills/eq would be much more interesting then.