Author Topic: Equipment  (Read 11862 times)

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
Equipment
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:59:11 pm »
eq seems to come in 3s...as newer zones come out generally the eq is better and better....though the quest isnt necessarily harder than some of the older zones....right now theres not tons of variety in the equipment people get and it is generally all from the same zones....ie punt has 3 items, victorian england 3 items, enchanted lands 3 items...egypt/VOTK dont make this list since only a very limitted population have these items(3 items as well)....all of which are the best available for their slots...

would it be possible to look at some of the older zones and maybe make adjustments to the equipment rewards for the quests...possible to add in some wider range of variety to the equipment players use...perhaps rewarding with a different stat mix so players change or balance setups differently and its not all the same 9 items on the majority of the players...

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
Re: Equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:59:43 pm »
I think if we ever do stat adjustment, it'd be along the path of tuning down all the most recently released equipment :P

Starting with VE and Punt
aka graham

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:04:57 pm »
thatd work too....but would still like to see maybe some items give different levels of bonuses or variety of bonuses...theres not enough hroll eq in the game!!!

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 07:50:17 pm »
specific request here...cincture of ramses is much harder to get than waist watch thats on the VE quests....how about downing the VE waiste 1 damroll and upping cincture 1 damroll? so its not 3 of the best items all in 1 zone

Offline Calypso

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:30:27 am »
I think the rainbow serpent skin is harder to get than achilles heel. Perhaps do an adjustment there too?

And although I haven't done the Exoliaths armor quest, i hear from others who have, that it isnt worth the effort. While Achilles armor is better than most other pieces of armor, it is still pretty average in terms of stats. (Also it is pretty easy to get) Can someone maybe look at adjusting Exoliaths armor to make it worth the effort? (or maybe just post here why I am totally wrong about the effort being worth it)

I get my energy from my Inner G.

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:00 am »
I don't think any of our current players has actually been able to piece together the top version of Exoliath's armor, so how they can determine whether it's worth the effort or not beats me.

Perhaps because it really IS hard to get. Many of the parts have 3 different qualities, so you need to find the best one for each part to get the top gear.

As for the serpent skin and the achilles heel, they are for different wear_locs. Although the skin has several wear_locs, none of those are feet or ankle.

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 06:32:47 pm »
pssst molly...cincture vs ve watch!!!!!  who cares about that other crap!

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 09:18:35 am »
cincture does deserve to be the best for hips.  no question

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:57:31 am »
Well, I can agree that many of the later built zones have equipment that is a bit too good, and that's even after we put the stats down a couple of steps, before allowing the zone in.
Regrettably that is what almost all builders do, to attract players to their zones - and regrettably that's how it works too. (And I don't remember your zone being any exception to that rule, by the way). All new zones want to have at least one piece that is better than the existing, and the more zones we get, the more it escalates of course, which is why the newer ones generally are a bit too good.

So you want me to nerf the VE watch?
Because that is what is going to happen, if I do any changes.
And I can direct all the whiners to you?

I might think about adding some other stat to the cincture, but I don't really want to raise the damroll on it.
And if I just make the cincture better the escalation continues.
It's really a quite tough choice to make.

Oh, and by the way, both the watch and the cincture are waist, not hips.

Offline Zsijn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 03:30:41 pm »
drop VE watch 1 droll and add 1 to cincture

OR

drop VE watch 1 droll and add some fun affect to cincture...

VE has too many top end items...VOTK is a much much harder zone and much rarer to see players with eq from it

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »
Why not just add some HR to cincture and call it a day? won't unbalance and players will recognize it as the better piece.  Imo, 3 DR seems to be the magic number.  Too many new-ish quests come with 4+ DR.  Some are understandable given the colossal amount of effort, but others, not so much.
aka graham

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 09:28:25 am »
My solution to 4dr items give them a timer :) *hides*

But yea 4dr is a little too much for newbish eq.

Prom

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 01:45:03 pm »
new, not newbie :P

VE and Punt certainly are not easy, but they're not that high in difficulty either.  I think we should take a closer look at what a "best" item in a given slot is, and any alternatives.  There are probably good ways to fill in the blanks rather than just "1 more DR".
aka graham

Offline Once

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 02:56:58 pm »
What you need is a stat system that doesn't just prize damroll as the be all end all stat. That's the fundamental problem. Everyone one ups the other's gear because the only stat that they can one up with is damroll. Tweaking VE, Punt, etc is really just like treating the symptoms and not the cause.

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:04 pm »
HEY maybe we should continue discussing such a system so I can keep giving you awesome ideas about an awesome new system that you can wipe your nose at or something
aka graham