Author Topic: Staffs...  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Jason Orsini

• View Profile
Staffs...
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:58:57 am »
How are these element staffs actualy work?

is it even possible without spending 6 months farming trees to get a high multi staff?

Offline Prometheus

• the bang your head against the wall coder.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Staffs...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:02 pm »
pretty much depending on the tree it gives a staff with a normal multi and an elemental bonus which works for that element and boasts it. Once could explain it better since he coded it in. But that is it in a nutshell. Now some staves actually have 2 elemental types but I will let the players figure that out. And you can woodsing any tree you normally would. Now the normal bonus is willow for cha will be lower but the multis might change. Most of Fiachra's woodsinging normal multi has been 2.15. Now the elemental have wide range of differences.

Prometheus

Offline Once

• View Profile
Re: Staffs...
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:47:56 pm »
The way to look at Staves is based on their elemental multi, not just the 2.15. You still won't see a lot beyond 2.15, but the elemental multis mean they can be more powerful than the elephant pike in an elemental situation. I made an update to the elemental multis to create a higher base elemental bonus too. Do a bit of woodsinging after the next copyover and let me know what you think.