Author Topic: Artisave rooms  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Jaros

• View Profile
    • Email
Artisave rooms
« on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:31 am »
Let's have a discussion about Artisave rooms/raiding, since it's being implemented (which is awesome).  Specifically if we're finally opening up clan halls, should we talk about some system for defending our clan halls?

EG:
Hiring high level mobs to attack outsiders
Traps in certain rooms

Should we treat invaders differently to people who are invited in?  We could have an INVITED, or CLAN_FRIEND status that allows you free access to a clanhall.  If you enter a clan without that status you are considered an invader and subjected to defenses, attacked by mobs.

What else might work?  And which currency to pay with?  Tokens, tradepoints, deed points, gold..

Offline Molly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Artisave rooms
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:51:44 am »
I like the idea about invited Clan friends. Isn't there already something in the Clan code that can declare the Clan at war with or ally with another Clan?
If not there should be, and that could set a flag on the respective kind which in turn could be recognised by some entrance script.

And speaking of scripts, opening the clanhalls to raids would demand removing ot modifying the evict scripts that most Clanhalls seem to have. I just had to put a check for level 52+ on the Vikings evict script, since it made it impossible for me to work on the Clanhall without being thrown out. I remember doing the same to the Chaos Clanhall in the past. Very irritating - and, I'm sure, very effective.

I am hoping that Once is actually working on the open Clanhall feature, since we have now implemented some vital steps.

Are you, Once?

Offline Hayato

• View Profile
Re: Artisave rooms
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 04:27:48 pm »
NOHAS
aka graham